💛🤎 A Terrific Tarantula 💛🤎

It was cold outside and Ankh was waiting for me to come home.

I had a new pet and she was the last one that was for sale in the Pet shop.

"Here she comes"!

Fox called out, looking out the window.

I stepped out of the KISS limo and grabbed a box containing the surprise.

"Let's give her some space, people"!

Starchild called out, and then everyone backed away a few feet.

The door opened and I stepped inside.

"Hi guys. I have my new pet right here".

I carefully set the box down on one of the sofas.

All nine of the KISS guys stood behind me as I carefully began to remove some of the newspaper that was used to keep the animal safe.

When I was finally able to get it open, the guys couldn't believe what it was.

"This is my new pet. It's a female tarantula, also known as a Thailand Black".

I said, watching the hairy arachnid move it's leg up towards me.

"Oh my God...she's massive".

Starchild whispered, while I began to set up the enclosure and everything else that came with it.

Fox was a little bit worried, and when he sniffed the tarantula, it tried to pounce on him.

Luckily, the spider could not get to the fourth member of KISS, or anyone of us for that matter because it was still sealed in a plastic cup with holes on the side so it could breathe.

"Once I set up her enclosure, I need one of you knuckleheads to go out to the grocery store and get me some of those small plastic cups that people use for salads".

I told the guys, and then poured some substrate into the enclosure.

"I'll go get some for you, sweetie".

Ankh said with a smile, and then he kissed me on the cheek before walking towards the front door.

"What do you need those for"?

Spaceman #2 asked.

"I'm going to use them as my pet tarantula's dish so she can drink fresh water anytime she wants".

I said with a chuckle while watching the first Catman, Starchild, and the original spaceman freaking out over the tarantula.

Once Ankh came back from the store, he gave me the plastic salad cups and I used a pair of scissors to open the package.

After filling one of plastic cups with water, I placed it in a corner inside the enclosure.

Then, the doorbell rang and Fox went to go see who was there.

"Special delivery"!

He said to me with a goofy grin, making me giggle and the others laugh.

"What's inside the box"?

Starchild asked, watching me tear open the cardboard box using the scissors.

There was a big sticker that said Live Animals on the side of the box.

"It's not another scary bug, is it"?

Fox said, trembling with fear a little.

I laughed and then when the guys what was it was, they all nearly gagged in disgust.

"You ordered cockroaches"?!

The second Catman asked in shock.

"Yes, but they're not for me. They're food for my Thailand Black tarantula".

I answered, almost laughing out loud at the guys and their reactions.

After I finally got my enclosure ready, it was time for me to put my pet tarantula into her new home.

"Now, you all have to be really quiet and don't make sudden movements, okay? We don't want to accidentally stress her out because even just a small amount could kill her".

The nine KISS guys watched as I put on some protective gloves and a pair of safety goggles.

Then, I slowly extended my hand out and tried to gently coax the tarantula to crawl onto my hand.

Once she was resting on my hand, I carefully placed her into the enclosure.

"Good girl".

I said with a smile, and then closed the lid on the enclosure.

We all watched as the tarantula began to dig a hole in the substrate so she have her own burrow to hide or sleep in.