3] Princess & Friends

Palak Mehra

It's lazy Sundayyyy!

I woke up late today as it was Sunday, my day off from work. Usually doctors are never off from work but as I was an intern right now and also not a part of emergency department I didn't had that much burden that I couldn't get a day off each week. Because of work and all I don't get much sleep so today I slept quite a bit more that my regular routine.

As I woke up late today I skipped my breakfast and just had my coffee. After that I went to take nice shower. Then I change into my shorts and t-shirt that I usually wear at home and went to prepare myself lunch. I had my lunch while scrolling through phone. And a thought crossed my mind of visiting my friends. As I have mentioned before I don't have much friends, but other than Anvi and Jay I do have two more friends or you could say best friends or true friends, two of the closest person to my heart whom I love the most other than my family, my favorite people - Shri and Vineet, my closestttt friends ever since the freshman year.

They have always been there for me whether it is my happiest moment or the hardest. I always had their back, they accepted me the way I am, protected me and made me feel safe. They always treated me as their little sister and gave me all the love that I deserved that no one ever gave me and they were also more than friends to me, they were like my elder brothers that I never had. I don't know how they thought of being friends with me but I am glad they did otherwise I think my life would be more dull and off, they are the ones who light up my world and they have been doing this since my college years, since the time I have known them. I really don't know what would I do without them. I never tagged anyone as my best friend ever maybe because I didn't find the right one or didn't feel to give any tag to my friends. After joining college I made plenty of friends but only these two were the closest to me, whom I could trust.

Trust.... It seems like the hardest thing to do for me. I Don't know why maybe because they never made me feel like trusting them, I always had trust issues ever since I was a child, I always try to overcome this but what to do I can't help it but these two creatures made me trust them and I am grateful that I could trust them and because of that I always had them whom I could lean upon. They are the only ones who had seen my every side whether its the vulnerable one or the fierce one. They never left my side, they can fight anyone for me.

I haven't visited them since last week and we also didn't talk for few days now due to our busy work schedule so I think I can visit them today so I can pass my time as well as spend some time with them as it's been quite a bit time since I last hung out with them. I remember my college days, we used to spend our every weekend hanging out together, I miss those days...

I am going to visit them at evening as I had decided yesterday that I will visit library today. I love reading, it's one of my hobbies. It gives me peace, I have always been fond of reading since childhood. It helps me gain knowledge, learn new things and a lot more.

After having lunch I changed into a casual outfit and took a cab to reach the library.