10] Birthday

Palak Mehra

I didn't want to intrude their family time but because of Vihaan's stubbornness I had to agree to join him for dinner with his family.

Soon we reached his house which wasn't just any house it was a mansion but a beautiful one at that.

As soon as we entered the living room we were greeted by Vihaan's mom and dad seems like they were waiting for him only.

"Oh Palak!", Vihaan's mom exclaimed approaching us.

"Long time, huh", she said hugging me,"I didn't get to see you after the party where have you been?"

"Just busy with the work, aunty".

"Okay, Leave it, come sit".

"Namaste (Indian greeting), uncle"

"Oh; come come, how are you,dear?", he asked acknowledging me.

"I am good how are you doing uncle".

"As you can see fit and healthy".

Both the parents of Vihaan are so sweet and lovely I really like them, even though it's my second time interacting with them but still I feel very much comfortable that is tend to be less possible with me when I am around new people.

Soon the cook informed that the dinner is ready, we all headed towards the dining area.

"Hope you like the dinner, dear. If Vihaan would have informed me earlier I could prepare much better".

"It's completely alright aunty actually I am sorry you had to go through all the trouble because of me".

"Ahh, it's nothing, in contrast both of us are very happy to have you here".

"She is right, dear  you aren't bothering at all infact you are always welcome here. You are no different from Shree and Vineet for us", uncle said supporting aunty.

"Okay now leave all this, tell us something about yourself,Palak", said aunty.

"I am from a small town of Madhya Pradesh, my parents live there and I also have a younger brother apart from my parents".

"Oh, so you live here alone?"

"Yes, I have been living here since my college days and after that I got better internship and job opportunities here so I got settled here only so, now I have become habitual of living alone".

"It isn't easy to manage everything alone on your own away from the family and you have been on your since much younger days; it's amazing dear".

I passed her a smile in acknowledgement.

"So, you are neurologist?", uncle asked.

"Yes, actually I am doing my specialisation internship which is about to end after which I will officially become a neurologist".

After dinner we chatted for a bit, soon I left for my apartment along with Vihaan.

"Thanks for the dinner I had a great time".