Chapter 1

"Makayla, it's time to wake up. We don't want to be late"!

I don't respond, I just lay in bed smirking. "Makayla"!

My door is then opened. "Makayla wake up".

She groans when I still don't respond and she walks over to my bed and pulls the quilt off of me.

Once again she groans as she sees me dressed and awake smiling.

"You are unbelievable". She laughs.

"I could barely sleep. I was too excited for today".

Rachel, my social worker, sat on the edge of my bed. "Yeah I know you're excited but you earned this. With everything you've been through and how hard you've worked to keep up with your schoolwork, and the jobs you got to help me out. You deserve something good to enjoy".

"Yeah I know but I still can't believe you spent your money on me".

"Well, I get the money looking after you so it's only right that I spend it on you". I smile at Rachel and hug her.

Rachel has been my social worker since I was six years old. She's been there for me when I got kicked out or ran from all the foster homes I've been in. She's always looked after me. Rachel always welcomed me back with open arms.

"Come on let's get some breakfast, then we can set off". I nodded and we went downstairs where breakfast was waiting on the table.

We both sat down and ate our breakfast.

Once we had finished eating and cleaned up, we got in the car and took the hour-long journey to the stadium to watch the USWNT match against Spain. The whole journey I couldn't stop bouncing my legs from excitement.

We finally found a parking spot after a few minutes of searching and we got to the ticket gate to be let in.

Rachel offered to buy us both a drink once we had found our seats. I quickly found out that Rachel hadn't just bought us any random seats but she had bought us field-level seats next to the USA team bench.

Once I had sat down Rachel went to go get us some drinks and about ten minutes later she came back. Rachel handed me my drink and then reached into her pocket and handed me a jersey.

Tears immediately came to my eyes when I saw it was a Tobin Heath jersey.

I hugged her and kept thanking her making her chuckle at me. "Stop thanking me Makayla, like I said before you deserve this and I know Tobin is your idol".

Screams then erupted throughout the stadium as the teams walked out of the tunnel.

While the Spanish anthem was playing I slipped on my new jersey over my hoodie. Not long later the US kicked off the friendly.

Ninety-long minutes later the game finished 1-0 to the US with a goal from Julie Ertz. The US team was walking around the stadium giving autographs and taking pictures with the fans. Rachel told me that we could wait and see if we could get any photos with them.

Tobin and Christen were walking close by and I so desperately wanted to shout them over but I was too scared to. I looked at Rachel pleadingly and she just rolled her eyes smiling.

"Tobin, Christen"! She shouted getting both of the player's attention. They started walking closer making me nervous.

"I hate you". I mumbled to Rachel who laughed. "No you don't plus you asked for this".

"Sure whatever".

"Hey did you enjoy the match"? The voice of Tobin Heath, my idol, said standing in front of me behind the barrier.