Chapter 6

Cheney nodded. "Well take a seat and we can talk about everything regarding you joining the staff". 

I sat at the table with Dawn and Cheney as we went over everything.

...

"Okay, I think that's everything we needed to talk about. Take your contract and give it a good read. We'll give you a few days to read it. If you want to make any suggestions or changes, then write them down and we can talk about them before you sign". Cheney explained and I nodded.

"Thank you".

"No worries. Now enjoy your free time and don't forget lunch is at half past one ". I grab the contract and pen Cheney gave me and I get up, leaving the conference room and heading up to my room.

"Hey, how did it go"? Christen asked when I walked in.

Tobin was sitting at the small table assumingly playing Mario Kart on her Switch while Christen was lying on the bed reading a book.

"It was good. I've got a contract to read through and check". I said and sat at the edge of the bed and started to read through it.

...

After about twenty minutes I had finished reading through the contract and I had added some suggestions.

"Tobin, can you check this over for me please"? I ask but get no response.

"Ughh, hand it here Makayla, I'll read through it. Tobin's in Mario Kart world". Christen says chuckling.

I smile and hand her the contract.

...

"Yeah that all looks good and they should be fine with your suggestions". Christen says and hands me the contract back.

"Thanks, Christen". I say and look at Tobin who is still on her Switch. "Here". Christen says and hands me a pillow and motions to Tobin. I smile and throw the pillow at Tobin who jumps and looks at us both confused.

"What"? She asks putting the Switch down.

"Can you read through the contract and see if it's okay please"? I ask and she nods and holds her hand out for me to give it to her.

While Tobin reads through the contract I sit on the edge of the bed next to Christen who sits up next to me.

"Are you okay"? She asks and I nod.

"Yeah, just a lot's happened recently and it's hard to process it all". I tell her honestly.

"That's understandable. You just need to take it easy until you can process everything. Just give yourself time". She tells me and I nod.

"Yeah, I will, thanks Christen".

"No worries Makayla, we're both here for you and so is the team".

"I know you all are". Christen smiles at me and wraps her arm around me and holds me.

"Yeah that looks good Mk and good suggestions. Cheney will do whatever she can to make sure they happen". Tobin says and hands the contract back to me me. "Thanks, Tobin".

Christen and Tobin looked at each other having a silent conversation.

"What? What is it"? I asked now concerned something was wrong.

"Do you remember what you said last night"? Tobin asked cautiously and I shook my head in response.

Tobin looked hesitant for a second. "You called me Mama when you wanted me to get in bed".