Chapter 4

We only have to wait a few minutes before Ash came down to the lobby.

"Alright, let's go and get your stuff back kid".

We all got in the car and Tobin drove us to go and get my stuff back from Rachel. With the traffic in New York, we ended up pulling into the driveway within forty-five minutes.

I got out of the car first and everyone got out after me. They followed behind me as I knocked on the door.

Rachel opened it a few seconds later. "You here for your stuff"? she asked and I nodded. Rachel opened the door wider and stepped aside for us to walk in.

I walked straight upstairs to my room and Tobin came with me while Ash and Christen stayed downstairs.

Tobin helped me pack up all of the things in my room as well as all my clothes. It only took about fifteen minutes to pack everything before we headed back downstairs.

"You got everything"? Ash asked and I nodded.

"Here". Rachel said and handed me a form. I looked at the first page which was a custody request that Rachel had signed and the other page was a paragraph from Rachel. I scanned it and it was a confession about knowing Tobin is my Mum as well as her lies to me. At the end of the paragraph, Rachel wrote about how Tobin is my Mum and deserves to be my Mum for the first time.

"Thanks, Rachel". I said and she smiled softly and nodded. "You're welcome. That should make the custody process easier".

"Alright, we should get going". Tobin said and we nodded. We started heading out of the house when Rachel called out to Tobin.

"Can I talk to you for a sec, I want to apologise"?

"No, I don't want to talk to you and you don't get to apologise to me or Makayla. You lied to her for seventeen years. You had many chances to tell her the truth but didn't. You could have come clean at the stadium but didn't. So I am taking my daughter and you can never see or talk to either of us again". Tobin says through gritted teeth and clenching her fists. Rachel doesn't say anything but instead looks down.

"Tobin, let's go". Christen calmly said.

We all head out of the house, to the car and head back to the hotel.

About halfway through the Journey, Tobin pulled over to the side of the road.

"While we're out, shall we go and sort the custody out"? She asked looking back at me.

"Yeah, can we do it now"? I ask.

"Let's find out". Tobin says and continues driving.

We arrive at the family court and Tobin talks to the receptionist while I zone out.

"Have a seat, someone will be out to talk to you soon". The receptionist says.

"Thank you". Tobin says and we sit down for about five minutes before someone calls us over.

"Come with me and we can talk in my office". The woman says so we follow her into a room and sit down.

"Okay, so I've been told you're here to gain custody of your daughter and you need it to be quick since you're travelling, correct"? The woman asks Tobin who nods.

"Okay, perfect. I'm Jessica Mccarthy and I'll be sorting this all out for you. Can you tell me your story so I know what we need to do"? She asks and Tobin tells her everything to do with Rachel and her parents as well as how we met. "And Rachel gave us a form she signed along with a confession". Tobin lastly adds and hands them to Jessica who then looks through them.