[12]

Mama just told me that the woman on Facetime called Nicki had potentially found my twin sister. They were only able to get in contact with Mama because we got our DNA test done.

"Okay, so where do we go from here"? Mama asked and I pulled Sincys chair next to hers and sat down.

"I think we should schedule a meetup and then go from there". Nicki said and Mama agreed.

"Where do you live"?

"Philadelphia, Pennsylvania". She said and I groaned making Mama chuckle.

"We were just in New York about two days ago". Mama explained to Nicki and Hailey who were confused about my reaction.

"Ah, I see". Nicki chuckled.

"I think this is a good enough reason though". Mama said and I nodded.

We all talked some more and decided we would fly on Friday since Mama didn't have training this upcoming weekend. Which meant we were flying in under two days since it's currently Wednesday.

Our flights were booked by Mama after she and Nicki talked some more. Despite Nicki's offer to pick us up from the airport, Mama said we would just rent a car. But then Mama couldn't convince Nicki to let us stay in a hotel instead of the spare room they had.

We said goodbye and Nicki texted Mama her address.

I think Mama could tell I was in deep thought with how quiet I was. "Makayla, what's wrong"? She cautiously asked.

"I-", I sighed and took a deep breath. "I haven't been truthful with you". I said and watched her grow a mixture of concerned and confused.

"What do you mean"?

"I told you I slept fine the first night here. I also told you I couldn't sleep last night which was why Jessie and I were in the cinema room". Mama nodded for me to continue. "But yesterday I told Sincy the truth. I've always struggled with sleeping. I can fall asleep fine but always wake up with nightmares".

"What kind of nightmares"?

"Bad memories of my past".

"But at the hotel, I didn't hear you wake up".

"Apparently, sleeping with you and Christen helps". I shrug.

"Did Rachel know"? I nodded.

"Have you found anything that helps"? I shook my head. "No. Nothing has worked apart from sleeping with you and Christen".

"Okay. How about we go to the pharmacy and see if we can get something that could help? Like some herbal gummies or something. Then we can go from there. Okay"?

"Okay".

"Anything else"?

I let out another sigh. "I'm just angry and confused".

"About Rachel"? She asked and I nodded.

"That's completely understandable Makayla. You don't know how many times she lied to you all your life and you can't ask her anymore. You have the right to be angry and confused. But if you focus on that all your life you're going to end up missing out on so much happiness".

"I know but I can't stop thinking about it".

"Hey, it's only been two days since you met the lawyer and it all felt real. You need to give yourself time to heal. Don't get angry that you are feeling like this. It's only a natural feeling". I nodded in understanding.

"And don't forget I'm here for you if you need to rant. You can always tell me what's going on".

"Thanks, Mama. I just didn't want to make you feel bad".