Chapter 5

"Alright is everyone else up for going shopping for like an hour"? Kelley asked getting more excited and we all agreed. 

Shopping with some of the US Women's National team should be fun and totally not chaotic at all

...

"Can you two stop it? You're like two kids hyped up in the back of the car". Ali said from the seat in front of me.

"She started it". Ash and I both said at the same time while pointing at each other.

"Are we nearly there yet"? Kelley asked from in front of Ash.

"Oh my god. I can't handle this. Why am I in the back with the kids"? Ali whined. 

"Don't worry we're nearly there". Tobin said from the driver's seat. 

"Yayy". Kelley and I both cheered.

"Children". Ash muttered. I pouted and kicked her foot resulting in the foot war continuing. 

Tobin parked the car and Ali quickly got out muttering, "finally". Everyone got out of the SUV and started walking to some shops. 

Everyone ended up splitting up and went into the shops they wanted to. I stuck with Tobin and Christen who first went into an apple store. 

"What are we doing in here"? I asked curiously.

"Buying you a phone". Tobin said smirking. 

"What, no I can't ask you to spend that much on me".

"Well, I'm buying you one anyway. At least then you can keep in touch with the team and I won't be as worried when you go out anywhere". She said in response.

"Okay". For the next ten minutes, we walk around the store before settling on a phone and getting it set up. Tobin paid for the phone and also got a phone case that I liked for it. 

"Thank you, Tobin". I say before hugging her.

"Your welcome Makayla". She says and holds onto me before we pull away. "Now let's go see where the others are". She says and we head out of the store.

We find everyone else outside a clothes shop. "Hey, you three we were just going to call you to see if you wanted to join us in here"? Ali asked.

"I'm in for joining". Christen said and Ali, Kelley and Christen all walked into the shop.

Tobin and Ash both looked at each other for a second and nodded. "Skate shop". They both said at the same time. I looked at them both confused as they started walking away.

"If we go in there, we would have to hold the clothes, which we don't mind but we would have to tell them if something looks good or not". Ash says.

"So"? I ask confused. "No matter what our answer is, it's wrong," Tobin says.

"Yeah, and if we stay quiet then we don't love them". Ash adds on and I nod. "Oh fair enough".

"Yeah, so while they go shopping we go and find a skate shop or a different clothes shop". Ash also says as we walk into the skate shop.

"Makayla I'll give you a budget of $60. Buy what you want". Tobin says smiling at me.

"Wait what, no I can't. You already spent a lot on my phone".

"Hey, Makayla I want to buy you things. I've missed out on a lot of birthdays and Christmases ". Tobin explains.

"But Tobin that wasn't your fault". I tell her honestly.