Chapter XXVII

QUEEN ESTELLE BELSHAW

Eddie being my personal bodyguard had made me nervous. Not for me in particular, but if something were to happen to me, something would happen to him, also. I couldn't bare the thought of something bad happening to him at my expense.

What worried me, even more, was going to sleep at night. The fact that there was a potential killer on the loose trying to get to me made me shiver to the core. The fact that I finally accepted and grew to care for this baby inside of me had brought out a nurturing side to me, a side I had never seen before.

To have it all taken from me within an instant would break my heart.

Of course, I had my suspicions that Malcolm had attempted to smother me, but I knew I couldn't blame him without proof. I know I would put myself at serious risk if I were to do such a thing. So instead, as an obedient wife, I kept my mouth shut. I knew it was the smartest option for me.

"You know, you shouldn't have to be doing this," I mention to Eddie as he walks me back to my suite, guards opening the door for us. I watch him as he purses his lips, raising his slightly bushy eyebrows. "It's my duty, Este. Somebody did try to kill you, after all, potentially the same person who killed your father," he says, his voice lowering as he realises he needs to be sympathetic.

"Plus, I'd like to take care of you," he adds.

With a simper attached to my lips, I feel my cheeks growing red. "Well, I suppose it's time for bed, allow me to get changed," I purr, hearing him panic. "Why, yes, of course. I'll turn around," He scurries, eagerness laced within his voice.

A thought enters my mind. With the lights dimmed low and the midnight moon shining into the stained window, I couldn't help but feel overwhelming feelings of love, and even lust.

"On second thought, would you mind unzipping my dress?" I request, batting my large blue eyes at Eddie, who appeared to look nervous. He pauses. "Y-yes, of course," he stammers, making his way over to me.

My breath quivers as I feel his soft fingertips trace the nape of my neck, pulling the silver zipper down, slowly, and slowly, revealing my white laced brassiere and my bare back. The zipper comes to a halt, right at the top of my undergarments.

"There," Eddie whispers, breathless.

I turn around to face him. Nervousness is spread all over his face as he doesn't make eye contact with me. Before I know it, my heart is pumping vigorously in my chest, my body desperately desiring Eddie's hands on me.

My hands make their way to my shoulders, slowly pulling the fabric down to reveal the straps of my brassiere. Eddie watches as my maroon coloured dress falls to the floor, my face turning deep shades of red.

Eddie was the sole person I wanted to expose everything to, such as the inner workings of my body, my childhood, as well as my hopes, dreams, and fears. I didn't feel more at ease with anyone else, and I found it to be beautiful.

"What are you doing?" he questions, his voice low and his eyes wide.

"I'd like it if you could see all of me tonight. Would that be okay?" I whisper, a convincing look on my face as he inches closer to me, his breath fanning my face. He looks down at me with a gentle smile on his pink lips, making my heart flutter like butterflies.

"Este, there is no need for me to see all of you. It's crystal clear to me who you are," he whispers, taking my hand, making me quiver. "I can see it in your eyes," he adds, his smile broadening as he pulls me in for a delicate kiss, something I had missed since the last one we had shared.

With his thumb gracing my cheek, I stare into his eyes, only in my undergarments, but I felt warmer than ever.

There would be no one else I'd rather be stuck with.