Just Here

Hyejin rolled her eyes as she watched Yongsun rummage through her closet.

"Should I wear a skirt?" Yongsun asked looking at Hyejin, who just passively looked at her.

"That look you are giving me is not helping."

"You said it's not a date." Hyejin crossed her arms.

"It's not." Yongsun's voice was muffled as she dug deeper.

"Then why are you acting like that?"

"Because I need to find clothes that are comfortable enough."

"Really?" Hyejin asked her, right eyebrow raised.

"Yes."

"Then wear your pajamas."

Yongsun stopped rummaging and looked at Hyejin, who was fake checking her nails.

Yongsun stomped her feet as she walked to her bed, where Hyejin was sitting.

"Hyejin, just, please, I really need your help."

Hyejin sighed as she looked at Yongsun, who looked helpless.

"Where did she say she's taking you?"

"She just said outside. Where I can breathe fresh air." Yongsun said.

Hyejin stood up and rummaged through the pile of clothes Yongsun threw earlier.

"This should do."

A pair of skinny jeans and a white printed shirt.

"That simple?" Yongsun asked, looking at the clothes Hyejin was holding.

"Yep. Simplicity is beauty. And besides, if it is in the middle of nowhere, this would be a sexy and covered enough outfit you can wear. Match it with your vans shoe."

"Okay, I think your right. I just have to tuck the shirt."

Yongsun stood up, folded the clothes she had thrown earlier, and put them back in her closet.

"It's quite amusing seeing you like this," Hyejin said as she watched Yongsun clean up her mess.

"Like what?"

"Like that." Hyejin motioned her hand towards her.

"You are always organized with your things and confident that you never bother to pick your clothes meticulously. But now, just because this "Byulyi" of yours asked you out to breathe, you turn into a mess."

Hyejin said, air quoting and emphasizing the nickname Yongsun uses to call Byul.

"It's not much of a big deal," Yongsun said, brushing it off.

"If you say so." Hyejin flopped back into Yongsun's bed.

"Do you still need me for your hair and make-up?" Hyejin said, purely teasing her, but Yongsun nodded at her eagerly.

Five minutes before four PM, Byul is already in front of Yongsun's house. She would repeatedly try to fix her hair. Worried if she smells good enough or looks good enough. Then she would remind herself that they were just going to hang out. It's not a date. But she is still nervous, and it is driving her crazy.

Byul rang the doorbell and was surprised to see Hyejin open it.

"Come on inside." She motioned Byul to enter the house.

"Yongsun is upstairs. I'll just call her. Have a sit."

Byul went in and sat on the sofa. Her nervousness was amplified when she heard Yongsun's voice talking to Hyejin along with a couple of footsteps. She stood up and turned to look at the stairs.