Can I Hug You?

Hyejin was slightly confused that morning when she saw Yongsun skipping her way to her and greeting her good morning with a hug. It's just that the other day, Yongsun was gloomy and sad, so the sudden shift made her wonder where did Yongsun go when she borrowed her car.

"What happened?" Hyejin asked.

Yongsun looked at her and smiled. "I talked to Byulyi, and we're okay now."

Hyejin was surprised. "You found her?"

"Yeah," Yongsun answered with a nod.

"Where?"

Yongsun hesitated before she answered her. "In her place."

Hyejin was about to inquire more, but Yongsun spoke again, sharing minimal information about her talk with Byul.

Their day went on with little things to do. They were just finishing some things and finalizing some of their requirements before the semester ended. Hyejin told Yongsun that she asked Wheein out on a date which is not a surprise for Yongsun since Hyejin has always admired the pretty girl.

They saw Wheein with Byul at the parking, seemingly waiting for someone. Wheein perked up when she saw them coming prompting Byul to look in their direction. Yongsun gave her a small smile, and Byul gave it in return but was a little reserved.

"Byulyi will take Yongsunnie home," Wheein said when they reached them. She immediately had her arms hooked on Hyejin.

Byul sighed, "Be careful," she said, throwing a quick glance at Hyejin, seemingly saying as a warning than a concern.

Wheein smiled at her, nodded, then dragged a confused Hyejin toward her car.

Byul looked at Yongsun, whose eyes were squinted while looking at her. Byul raised her eyebrows, silently asking her why she was looking at her like that.

"Did you just threaten her?" Yongsun asked.

"Who?" Byul playing innocent.

Yongsun rolled her eyes at her. "Hyejinnie."

"Did you hear me threaten her?"

Yongsun pursed her lip. "No..."

Byul shrugged her shoulders a little. "Then I didn't."

Yongsun crossed her arms. "It kind of sounds like it."

Byul gave her a lopsided grin as she walked to her truck's passenger side and opened the door. Yongsun got in, and Byul went to the other side and got in. As she started the engine, Yongsun turned in her seat to fully face her.

"You're totally okay with Wheein and Hyejin dating, right?" Yongsun asked.

Byul looked at her. "Wheein seems to like her a lot, and she is your friend, so I think it's fine."

"Glad you thought of it that way."

"Seatbelt, please," Byul said as she drove off.

"Hyejin has been crushing on Wheein since they first met." Yongsun said smiling.

"So, your friend date girls?" Byul asked.

Yongsun rolled her eyes at that question. "Byulyi, she went on a date with Wheein, which is a girl, so she obviously dates girls."

Byul unconsciously pursed her lip as she pondered a thought.