the first day at UA

Letter that day
In the Midoriya household

I return home, greeted by my mother Inko's eager question, "Izuku, how did the exam go?""You know me, Mom. There's nothing that can harm me. Thanks to my ability to manipulate mass and become heavy, the robot didn't stand a chance. I ended up destroying it," I say, sinking into the couch to unwind."If you say so, dear.""Mom, could you make something to eat? I'm pretty hungry," I ask with a smile."Sure thing."A week later, my mom excitedly calls, "Izuku, your letter's here!" Bursting with confidence, I respond, "Mom, they're bound to accept me after witnessing my fight."Taking the letter, I retreat to my room to read it. All Might's words greet me, "Young Midoriya, you've scored a remarkable total of 100 villain points. I formally welcome you to YOUR HERO ACADEMIA.""Of course you'd accept me, All Might. After all, I'm the future number one," I proudly declare.

On the first day of school, standing before the massive UA door, I ponder aloud, "UA really went all out with this giant door. Makes me wonder if someone with a 'giant' Quirk could be here."

As I enter, the sounds of Bakugo and a blue-haired boy arguing greet my ears. I'm barely inside when Bakugo's gaze zeroes in on me, silencing him and the blue-haired boy.

Ignoring Bakugo, I walk past him and take a seat beside Momo.

"Hey, I'm Izuku Midoriya. And you, you're quite stunning," I say playfully.Momo blushes, stammering, "I'm Momo Yaoyorozu. Nice to meet you, Midoriya.""Just call me Izuku, and can I call you Momo?" I ask with youthful enthusiasm.Caught off guard, Momo manages to say, "O-Okay.""Hahaha, alright, Momo it is," I laugh.Before Momo can reply, the door swings open, revealing a yellow sleeping bag-like entity."It took you guys five minutes to stop talking. I'm Shota Aizawa, your homeroom teacher". Aizawa sensei  instructed everyone to put on their gym clothes and head to the training ground.Once we were at the training ground", He informed everyone, "We're going to do a quirk assessment test.""What? A Quirk assessment test?" we all exclaimed."But the orientation! We're going to miss it!" someone protested."If you truly want to succeed in the hero world, you can't waste time on unnecessary ceremonies. Here at UA, we don't cling to traditions. This means I have the freedom to conduct my class as I see fit. You've spent most of your lives taking standardized tests. However, you've never had the chance to use your quirks in physical exams before. The country still tries to maintain the illusion of equality by suppressing those with the most powerful quirks. It's irrational. Someday, the Ministry of Education will come to understand," Aizawa sensei explained between breaths.

"This sounds like fun! This is what I've been talking about – using our quirks to the fullest!" someone in the group exclaimed.

"So you find this exciting, huh? You have three years to become heroes here. Do you think it's all going to be fun and games? You're mistaken. Today, you'll participate in eight physical tests to measure your potential. The person who comes in last shows they have none and will be expelled immediately," Aizawa sensei stated with annoyance.

"HHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHH," echoed the collective exclamation.

"Like I said, I have the authority to shape the course of this class. Clear?" Aizawa sensei asked."You can't just send one of us home! I mean, we just arrived! Even if it wasn't the first day, it wouldn't be fair," Mina argued.

"And do you think natural disasters are fair? Or power-hungry villains? Or catastrophic accidents that decimate entire cities? No, the world is brimming with unfairness. It's a hero's duty to confront that injustice. If you aspire to be a pro, you'll need to push yourself to your limits. Over the next three years, UA will throw countless challenges your way. So go beyond, the Plus Ultra way. Demonstrate that it's no accident that you're here," Aizawa sensei emphasized.