The sports festival starts

As Aizawa-sensei finished the announcement, our class resumed as intended, and then the break came as we were leaving. Just as we were about to exit, one of our classmates opened the door, asking, "Wh... What's going on?" Another classmate, seeing this, inquired, "What business do you have with Class A?" From the midst of the crowd, someone observed, "Scouting out the enemy, small fry."

Ida chimed in with concern, "We're the ones who made it out of the villains' attack. They probably want to check us out for the sports festival." I walked to the front of the class and asserted, "All of you, move out. I don't care if you're here to observe or whatever, you don't have the right to block our path like this. So, clear the way."

Amidst all this, a guy with purple hair stepped forward from the crowd and remarked, "I came to see what the famous Class A was like, but you all seem pretty arrogant. Are all the students in the hero course like this? Your attitude is quite disillusioning. There are many who didn't make it into the hero course and ended up in general studies or other programs. Did you know that? The school has given us a chance. Depending on the sports festival results, they might consider transferring us into the hero course. They might even transfer students out."

He continued, "Scouting out the enemy? Well, I'm here to declare that even if you're in the hero course, if you let your arrogance get the best of you, I won't hesitate to knock you down. Consider this a declaration of war." Listening to his words, I couldn't help but respond, "You can go ahead and declare war, but for a war, both sides need to be evenly matched. I don't see you and me as equals."

A voice from the crowd added, "This guy's got some nerve!" I smirked and replied, "Yes, I am bold, because my boldness is backed by power. There's a reason I was ranked number one. I earned that rank by proving myself, unlike all of you who couldn't even make it here on your first attempt and now act like you're all superior on your second try." Ignoring the rest of the students, I headed towards the cafeteria.

On my way, Momo came up to me and said, "Izuku, why did you have to say all those things? None of it was necessary." I listened to Momo's words and admitted, "Yes, it was unnecessary, but their behavior, acting all high and mighty while blocking our path, just irritated me. I let my emotions get the best of me." Momo sighed and advised, "Izuku, you need to control your emotions. At USJ, you were composed and acted like a true hero. Now, you're letting yourself get worked up like a child." Hearing this, I chuckled and responded, "Haha, yeah, you're right." We continued to chat and went about our day.

On the day of the U.A. sports festival

the excitement was palpable. The crowd was buzzing with anticipation as Present Mic's energetic voice filled the air. "Hey! Pay attention, audience! Swarm, mass media! This year's high school rodeo of adolescence that you all love, the U.A. sports festival, is about to begin! Everybody, are you ready? It's time for the students to enter the first-year stage!"

"The U.A. sports festival! The huge battle where fledgling heroes sharpen their swords once a year! Anyway, these are the guys, right? The miraculous new stars who overcame enemy attacks with their hearts of steel! Hero course, Class 1-A, right? There are so many people... Will they be able to give their best performance being watched by so many people?" Present Mic continued with his excitement, hyping up the crowd and building the anticipation.

"They haven't been getting as much airtime, but this class is also full of talent! Hero course, Class 1-B! Next up, general studies Classes C, D, and E! Support course, Classes F, G, and H are here, too! And business course, Classes I, J, and K! All of U.A.'s first years are here now!" Present Mic introduced the various first-year classes, highlighting the diversity of talents present.