fifteen

Unedited

°•°🌱°•°

Jihoon was laying on his bed on his phone with Hyunsuk laying on his chest, sleeping. Jihoon looked down at the boy smiling than his phone flashed which got his attention.

???
hi, this is Jihyo, your friend said he would let you know if I decided to message you.

Jihoon clicked the message so the message would fill up the whole screen.

Jihoon
Hello, I'm Jihoon. I'm a criminal investigator, well that's what I'm studying for. However, if you are contacting me it means you must have valuable information for me. Are you free right now?

Jihyo
I am, did you want to meet at my work?

Jihoon
Is that where you saw them?

Jihyo
Yeah

Jihoon
Then I would prefer to go elsewhere, I have a feeling he must have set up at some places

Jihyo
What do you mean?

Jihoon
I will tell you when we met up, meet me at cafe eclaire in 15 minutes

Jihyo
Okay, thank you

Jihoon closed his phone and looked down at the boy on his chest before putting his phone on the nightstand and carefully peeling the boy off of him. Once Jihoon was able to get up he stretched his body and stuffed his phone in his pocket. Quietly he placed a blanket over Hyunsuk and kissed his forehead.

"I'll be back soon."

Jihoon quickly texted Haruto about the meet-up and left to meet Jihyo at the café that was near his apartment building.

He scanned the cafe seeing a small girl with bangs, walking up to her since she seemed to be the only one who was alone without something to do, "hello, are you Jihyo?"

"Park Jihoon?"

"The one and only," he said taking a seat before her.

She gave a small smile, and her pale hands began to pick at her nails and placed them under the table. Jihoon pulled out a small notepad and pen which put her at ease, knowing he was completely serious about what was going on.

"Do you mind if I ask you a series of questions," Jihoon asked putting the date, time, and who he was interviewing on the corner of the page.

"Go ahead," She breathed out.

Jihoon nodded, "so what do you remember from that day?"

She took a deep breath, "I never got his name but, he had come in maybe like three times. The first time he was polite, he was very nice and smiled at everyone and everything. He had a bag with him, like a suitcase. So I thought he was visiting someone here over the weekend. The second time was while we were closing, god I don't even want to think about it."

Jihoon scribbled down what she had said word for word, "no worries take your time if you need."

Jihyo looked down at her hands which were trembling as she tried to hold back her tears, "he stood outside for like ten minutes just staring at me until he came in while I was cleaning. He reeked of alcohol, he looked so numb. As if he felt nothing. He said nothing, just sat down and left this."

Jihoon stopped writing when a picture was pushed into his peripheral vision, his eyes widened a bit seeing Haruto and Jeongwoo talking to each other on the bench but a bit distanced, "this must have been about a week or so ago, which means he has been watching them for a while."