eighteen

unedited.

°•°🌱°•°

tap, tap, tap.

Jeongwoo let out a groan stretching his arms above his head, turning his attention in the direction of the sound with his eyes still closed.

tap, tap, tap.

The sunlight pierced through the blinds, rubbing his eyes and taking his time to adjust to the light. The male finally sat up with his hair sticking up in multiple directions and his eyes half open. The frown on his lips as he managed to open one eye to see what the noise was.

tap, tap, oh it stopped.

"Oh are you up?"

Haruto.

Jeongwoo blinked a couple of times opening his eyes and seeing the male sitting at the desk, his heart almost stopped at the sight. Maybe it was the lighting but Haruto looked so ethereal even first thing in the morning. Silver framed glasses, messy hair, white t-shirt, and sweats.

"What are you up to so early," Jeongwoo mumbled.

"Homework, we also have a class in about two hours," Haruto replied.

Jeongwoo groaned and fell back into bed, this made Haruto chuckle.

beep.

"Our food is here, I'll be back."

Jeongwoo had his eyes closed even after he heard the door close, it was too early. He tossed and turned in bed a couple of times before letting out a frustrated sigh. Jeongwoo then got up and trudged his way to the bathroom. He locked the door and did his business before washing his face and brushing his teeth. The male started to hear rustling from outside of the bathroom, he spits out his toothpaste, "Ruto are you back?"

silence.

Jeongwoo finished up and decided to ask again, " Ruto what did you get?"

silence.

Haruto would have answered, right? Jeongwoo was worried but also didn't want to risk his life, what was he going to do without a phone and no way to escape? However, the bathroom door was right next to the exit. He couldn't pull himself to run.

"Woo, I'm back!"

"Ruto no!"

Jeongwoo ran out of the bathroom hugging Haruto close to him before feeling a sharp object enter the side of his abdomen. Haruto blinked not registering what had happened before the male that was clinging to him fell limp and the one responsible for the incident ran out.

"Help! Someone help! Please!"

Haruto had dropped the bag in his hand and soon had tears running down his face trying to press his hand to Jeongwoo's side to stop the bleeding. With his free hand, Haruto had grabbed his phone trying to call authorities through his cloudy eyes.

"Are you o- What happened? Give me the phone!"

Asahi who had walked out of Jaehyuk's room due to Haruto's cries had noticed the situation. Able to contain his feelings better had taken the phone from Haruto to calmly talk to the police. Meanwhile, Haruto had managed to take off his jacket wrapping it around Jeongwoo's waist to try to stop the bleeding. The blood had gotten all over his hands and his face trying to take care of the bleeding male.

"Okay let's try to get him downstairs," Asahi stated, receiving a nod from Haruto.

Haruto stood up, wrapping his arms around Jeongwoo to lift him up. Asahi got on the other side of him though he knew he was weak and that Haruto would end up doing most of the work. He felt the taller male stop him just so he could carry him in his arms, instead, Asahi had led the way.

Haruto had slowly become numb and filled with the need to seek revenge. He took a deep breath to ease himself but nothing could replace the thought of the boy in his arm bleeding out onto him. Even at this rate, Haruto knows that he himself would look like the one responsible, he knows he could never do such a thing. At least not to Jeongwoo.

He felt a hand on his shoulder as soon as they have gotten into the elevator, "you're seething."

"You would do the same if this was Jaehyuk, hell, if this was you Jaehyuk would be seeing red right now," Haruto stated.

Asahi let out a chuckle, "we should have taken the stairs."

As soon as the elevator doors had opened they could see the flashing lights, red and blue. Asahi ran out to direct the attention of the male in Haruto's arms who they had gotten on a stretcher.

"You go with him, I will get Jihoon to take me," Asahi said.

Haruto nodded and hopped into the back of the ambulance watching the doors shut, seeing his friend's face disappear behind the metal doors. Haruto sighed trying to pull himself together but the situation was a lot for him.

"Hey, kid are you okay?"

"Bag."

That was the last word Haruto could say before he had that burning feeling in his stomach bubbling inside of him. It was the worst. The overwhelmed anxiety brought pain to his head like no other til he could feel it in his throat. Quickly he was passed a bag before he had let out everything he was holding in and collapsed.

°•°🌱°•°

beep, beep, beep.

The noise made Haruto curious and also highly annoyed, the ringing in his ears. He managed to blink his eyes trying to get rid of the feeling of concrete from how dry they were. Finally, he started to take in his surroundings seeing a lot of white, until he noticed the machine needle in his arm. The panic settled in, he shot up making the beeping on the machine increase.

"Jeongwoo!"

Though his throat was hoarse he tried his best to yell out the boy's name, until a small blonde boy ran into his room.

"Asahi where is Jeongwoo?"

Asahi pushed Haruto back down into the hospital bed, "he's in the operating room."

Haruto let out a breath, "did Jihoon bring you?"

Asahi nodded, "he's talking to the police right now, they will want to talk to you soon."

"Did you already speak with them?"

Asahi nodded, "Jaehyuk did too, he's here but, he's sad that he wasn't much help."

Haruto let out a sigh, "will Jeongwoo be okay?"

Asahi shrugged, "I think he will but the blade went deep so I don't know how the surgery will go."

It all depends on the damage that had been done, however, he couldn't help but worry. Haruto let gave a small nod and laid back down fully to calm his beating heart.

Jaehyuk walked in with a small smile, "how are you feeling?"

Haruto just shrugged, "kind of like I should sleep for eternity."

Jaehyuk smiled, "get some rest, are you hungry?"

Haruto shook his head, "no, did they say what happened?"

"Dehydration and high-stress levels which triggered your anxiety," Jaehyuk stated.

Haruto frowned, "I just want this all to go away."

Jihoon popped in, "The police will come back tomorrow to talk to Haruto and to see if Jeongwoo is awake, get some rest."

Haruto nodded, getting comfortable.

Asahi looked at the bag connected to his IV, "should I ask them for a new saline bag?"

Haruto looked at it, "yeah, it's the only thing that keeps me well hydrated."

"We'll check on you," Jaehyuk started turning off the light.

Haruto took a deep breath and watched his friends leave, however whenever he closed his eyes he was greeted by a limp feeling and the replay of the events from that morning. He just knew he would be here a while longer, he just wanted to see Jeongwoo again.