nineteen

Unedited

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I feel like this upcoming year in the bl garden will be a hefty one. New fics by Chae and Ahyoon also a collab that will hopefully be ready for this year as well. Thank you guys so much for all the support through the years! I love you guys~

!!!IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ON THE CONVERSATION BOARD!!!

°•°🌱°•°

The next morning Haruto was free, he signed a couple of papers and joined his friends in the hospital cafeteria. They were waiting for Jeongwoo to wake up he just got transferred to ICU after the surgery.

He sighed, "finally to eat."

Jaehyuk placed a mix of different trays on the table for them to share, "how are you feeling?"

"Tired but better, my body wouldn't let me sleep as well as I would have liked to," Haruto said followed by a big bite of jjajangmyeon.

"Hospitals do that to you," Asahi stated taking a bite out of his food.

Haruto sighed, "did the officers say when they were coming?"

"Noon," Jaehyuk nodded. "Jihoon said he would come after his class."

Haruto nodded and focused back on eating, he didn't really know what to say. There was an odd amount of guilt that settled at the bit of his stomach, and he frowned. Haruto sat up pushing his food away, no longer hungry.

Jaehyuk's eyes filled with worry, "What's wrong? You were so excited to eat."

Haruto made a movement with his finger that should how aggravated he was, then he gagged. Asahi looked for the nearest trash can and pointed it out to Haruto, he tried to hold back. Haruto shut his eyes tight, tears pricking at the end of them.

I hate this.

Haruto took a deep breath but he felt like it only made it worse, quickly he got up and leaned over the trashcan. Once again all the fluid had left his body, making his legs weak.

A nurse who walked by had noticed the commotion, "let me get you a wheelchair."

Jaehyuk held him up until she returned helping the male into the Wheelchair, "you okay?"

Haruto just nodded, and the nurse took a look at him, "I know you were just realized but do you think you would need another IV."

Haruto's face frowned, he didn't want one but, considering the amount of fluid that had just left his body, "Do you think I should?"

"It would be the best option, I don't really know what else we could do for you without seeing a neurologist or psychiatrist," she spoke softly.

"Okay, we can do that then," Haruto said.

"Did you want us to come with you?"

He looked at the two, "you guys can eat, I know you guys have been around. Trying your best to take care of me."

Asahi just smiled a bit, "Jeongwoo would want us to, you are important to him."

Haruto just smiled faintly, the nurse took the handles to the wheelchair, "He will be in the waiting room where you guys were located before. I will just attach the bag to this pole and connect him to the needle. He just can't leave the hospital but he can roam free, being in that general area though is preferred."

Jaehyuk just nodded, "thank you miss, Haru we will see you in a bit."

Haru, I like that. Ruto was better but maybe I only liked it better when Jeongwoo said it. However, Haru was nice too. Nicknames are for people you consider friends.

Haruto smiled at the thought, friends. More of them.

"Did you want me to put it in the opposite arm, your original arm is probably a bit sore," she said.

Haruto snapped himself out of his thoughts, "oh sorry yeah."

He put out his healthy arm for her to insert the needle and connected it to an IV, taping it down, "there you go."

"Thank you."

"Were you guys waiting on someone? Normally people try to leave the hospital as soon as possible since they always are here for such long periods of time," she spoke.

Haruto nodded, "yeah one of my friends is in the ICU and we want to be here for when he wakes up."

The nurse nodded, "I wish you the best and hopefully your friend wakes up soon, I have to check on my other patients. I'll check up on you in a bit, did you need anything else?"

"Can you just roll me by those two chairs in the waiting room?"

She smiled and took him over there before she left. Haruto sat there, just observing the IV in his arm. All the parts and things that would have to go into it to be assembled as he waited for his friends.

"Haruto," A voice called him, a tall male in a police uniform came into the waiting area.

Haruto raised his hand a bit and bowed, "I'm Haruto."

The male pulled out his badge to show the male, "I'm Officer Pak with the Seoul distract criminal unit for the attempted murder case you were a victim of."

Haruto nodded and the male stood before him with a notepad, "my friends told me you would be coming to ask me questions."

The Officer nodded, "I need to know what happened that day up until the event."

How much did Jihoon tell you?

That's what Haruto wanted to ask instead he just started to tell him what had happened that day, "I've been staying with Jeongwoo for the last couple of weeks, I woke up yesterday to get some homework out of the way. I have been doing it for like two hours then Jeongwoo woke up. I had ordered food since I was only out for a couple of minutes I had decided to not lock the door since it would be quick. I went out to get the food, picked it up, and returned I was looking down to take off my shoes and I just hear a call for my name. Jeongwoo came out of the rest room which is by the door and hugged me out of nowhere. I was so worried about him that I didn't even notice that there was someone else in the room. Just the feeling of him going limp in my arms, I called for help and the moment I heard Asahi's voice the person had run out."

The Officer nodded jotting down some things that he felt were most important but also had a recorder to record the conversation, "is there anyone who would potentially be a threat?"

Haruto didn't know if the Officer had heard the name, he didn't know how much Jihoon had told the Officer. Honestly, it would have been smarter to just tell him everything, from the beginning. Instead, Haruto just nodded and let out the name of the one person he could think of.

"So Junghwan."