Chapter 20

It had not taken long before Optimus returned with the others. Apparently when they arrived at the base, the imposter quickly left the scene and the soldiers had taken aim at the bots, probably believing they were a threat. Thankfully, no one was hurt. But Optimus was able to confirm the imposter had his appearance, and he was less than pleased about it. He seemed to already guess who was behind this.

But it was causing a ripple affect within the military. Saphira was no longer on Megatron's shoulder. She was sitting on a chair listening to Fowler speak to his superiors as he tried to contain this issue. It seemed the general was getting it all mixed up, and believing it had indeed been the autobots that attacked them. They all knew it wasn't true, but Saphira could see how it could be misinterpreted. She couldn't exactly blame the military for being angry.

And the damage was pretty big. The senior military generals had decided to have the military be alert for autobots, and to fire on sight if they are ever spotted. Saphira and the kids protested about it, knowing that Optimus was innocent and that he was framed, but it seemed Fowler couldn't really do much since the decision had been made. Megatron knew he too would need to keep the decepticons from being seen as, while he was not there, the military will surely fire upon them too.

"I wish your general could understand that the imposter that was at the base was not Optimus," Saphira said bluntly as she looked at Fowler with an upset expression. "This isn't fair! He didn't attack the military."

"I know, Saphira. But I can't do anything else. I need to at least be here to observe the next move so I can speak with General Bryce regarding the autobots if they get seen." Fowler smiled at her to try and reassure her. "It will be alright."

"But...Optimus was framed!" Miko exclaimed, frowning and placing her hands on her hips. "Surely, this General Bryce will at least consider your word. I mean, he would have heard you were surprised when you got the call."

"Though unfortunate, the military order changes nothing," Optimus said in a gentle tone. He glanced at Saphira to give her a reassuring expression before he continued. "Our imposter clearly poses a grave threat to humanity."

"A thirty-foot tall transforming imposter," Fowler said grimly, frowning at the bot

Ratchet grimaced and looked at Optimus. "They actually did it. Those butchers managed to crack the code."

Saphira shuddered, already know where this thought process was going. And Optimus only had to say a single word. "Mech."

Saphira immediately felt nauseous and she put the vial down. "I think I'm gonna throw up..." She groaned and ran over to the nearest bucket.

Megatron and Optimus turned at the same time once she warned everyone. She grabbed the bucket and heaved into it. Optimus was saddened as Saphira was heaving up the lunch she only had a couple hours ago. Jack ran over to her to rub her back while she emptied her stomach.

"Hmm...I don't particularly blame her," Breakdown commented as he watched with a sympathetic expression. "They almost completely deconstructed me from cranial chamber to heel strut, and I imagine they learned a lot about how physical anatomy."

Knockout nodded angrily. "I agree."

"And we know, that more recently, they obtained Starscream's t-cog." Optimus turned his head to glare at Megatron. "And you allowed that to happen."

Megatron rolled his optics. "Are we going to do the blame game, right now? I would prefer dealing with Mech before they become more of a threat. And I mean them building an army of robots."

Ratchet nodded in agreement. "I am in agreement with Megatron. As they were able to recreate a knock-off of Optimus, scanned an appropriate vehicle form and used it to turn the military against us, there is no telling what they will do next." He glanced at Saphira as she finished heaving and sat on the ground with a light layer of sweat on her face. "I guess I might need to give you some more anti-nausea..."