Chapter 45

Author's Note: Sorry if my posts aren't as regular. Insomnia's been impacting me and has made writing harder for the moment. I promise I am not going anywhere.

One Week Later...

Christmas has gone by, and Saphira was very sad that she could not spend Christmas together with the autobots and decepticons. She ended up just laying in bed, staring at the ceiling and daydream about how the day would have gone. Starscream, Knockout, Wheeljack, Bulkhead and Breakdown had worked on a hidden lodge as the plan to have a White Christmas. They had set up a Christmas tree, the kids had helped with putting up the decorations and there would have been a lot of singing, laughter and presents given out. Wheeljack had even recreated Santa's sleigh with his engineering, and he would have used that on Christmas day. It would have been very beautiful.

But Saphira was made to miss out on it. She was thankful that she was not mocked for missing Christmas by Mech, though she knew it could have happened. She was thankful they did not. Saphira got used to using the wheelchair after a few days, and it made life rather okay for her, despite being stuck in the same room every single day. She primarily slept or spoke to Optimus and Megatron about what they were doing, as nothing significent was happening to her just yet.

She was extremely surprised and happy to hear about Shockwave's discovery on Cybertron. It was something she had not expected to be told by her sparkmates, and hearing that Shockwave will be their best asset in finding her, and defeating Mech, was something that made her feel hope for the first time since arriving here. Megatron explained how intelligent Shockwave was, and that it was unlikely that Shockwave would fail. Megatron did have to explain to her about the predacon, the era they are from and why they would be something Mech would not be able to defeat. Saphira was somewhat nervous about the predacon, but if it was an advantage over Mech, she would overlook that fear.

She was glad that her morning sickness had not returned. She had worried that it would due to the fact she was not with her sparkmates. The only thing she had to deal with was very active sparklings. Saphira tried her best to soothe them, even Optimus and Megatron tried by sending soothing love through their bonds with the sparklings too. But that did not seem to calm them down. It did get annoying to Saphira, but she knew why they were distressed, and she did not blame them.

Saphira had just finished up some breakfast and she was watching a Stargate episode while sipping some white energon when the door opened. She turned her head to see Doctor Ethan walking in with Silas behind him. She tensed as she guessed this was a day that she would have some other tests done to her. She was not looking forward to that at all.

"I apologize that it has been a little over a week since we last did some tests," Silas said in a slightly mocking tone, almost making Saphira roll her eyes at him. "There had been some major advancements in our technologies, and it needed to be done. Actually, why don't you get in your wheelchair? I think you will be impressed with what we have done. Then Ethan here can run some tests and an ultrasound."

Saphira was not sure why Silas wanted to show her their advancements, though she guessed he just wanted to try and show off what they had. "Why would you want me to know about these advancements?" She shifted to begin moving herself onto the wheelchair.

"So you can see exactly how we will defeat the autobots and decepticons, and bring about a stronger, newer army that the world will eventually learn about," Silas said confidently with a smile. "Besides...you have no means of communication, so what you will see here, will remain here..."

At least you are wrong, but will not be able to stop it. Anything I find out today, will just get relayed to Optimus and Megatron.

Saphira groaned as she moved herself onto the wheelchair and used the chair's controls to adjust herself comfortably. "I suppose you have a lot of over confidence in your power and technology..." She sighed deeply and rolled herself towards the door slowly. "If you want to show off these advancements...I can't really say no..."