new moon: chapter one

Embers pov

Mom has been with us for a couple of months. Edward and I have bonded with her and gotten to know each other again. I was so excited to introduce her to Paul. We had a lunch date where we introduced her to Bella and Paul. They got to know each other. I have also talked to Sam and he apologized. I laughed when they told me Emily gave him the silent treatment for a while. Currently, I'm sitting with Bella in my room reading. She was reading a poetry book for school. I was reading my favorite fiction book. Finishing my book I closed it and looked at Bella. 

"Now you either tell me what kind of party you want or I let Alice go all out," I told her with a smile

"Em, you know I don't want anything" She sighs closing her book

"Yep, but it's been years since we have been able to celebrate a birthday. So suck it up buttercup" I chirped jumping up

"How bad is what Alice is thinking" She hesitantly asked

"5 tiered cake and crystal dishes," I replied

She sighs and hangs her head in defeat. "Fine" 

"Yes, now we can keep it simple. Alice can't argue with the birthday girl" I grin happily

She laughs and nods, "Can I get away with pizza and A movie?"

"Fraid not. No way she'll let that slide" I told her

"Fine, um just us with my dad, a 2 tiered cake max. Purple... with a book quote from Wuthering Heights. And Esme's cooking, no catering. Purple theme" She told me and I nodded with a bright smile. 

"And I'll pick out your outfit for you" I grinned brightly "I'll make sure you're not in a dress"

She gave me a relieved smile. "Thanks"

"No prob, Eddie's back and wanting ya, I'm going to get keep Alice reigned in" I chirped and hugged her before setting off to find my adoptive sister. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

time skip to Party

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As promised I was able to talk Alice down and we are having a small gathering

As promised I was able to talk Alice down and we are having a small gathering. Esme cooked Bella's favorite cheesy lasagna, garlic bread, and stuffed shells. For drinks, we have sweet tea and a variety of sodas. We all got Bella one gift each. Paul and I got Bella a new book called Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost. It's a vampire romance novel. I straightened out my blue dress as Alice ran up the stairs to get Bella and her Father. I smiled at Bella as she came down the stairs. Her face looked relieved I skipped up to her. "Told you I'd help you. Do you like your outfit?"

"Yes, thank you, especially for not making me wear heels," She told me smiling thankfully.

"You're a Cluzts, it's asking for a tumble putting heels on you" I laughed and she joined me

"Tell Alice that" She huffed, I heard my pixie sister huff as well.

"Wait until you're like me, then you won't have to worry about it" I whispered giving her a cheeky wink. 

I laughed and I left letting her talk to the others. I hung with the pack talking with them for a while. We ate our fill, thankful Esme knows how to cook a lot of food. Soon it was cake time so we went to the table where Esme had made Bella a 2 tiered purple and chocolate-flavored birthday cake with the quote Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same. Esme placed the number 18 candle on it and lit it carefully. We sang Happy Birthday and she blew out the candles. The cake was served and eaten then we made presents. Quiet laughter was heard when Bella opened my present. Bella opened the envelope from Esme and Carlisle and cut her figure. Thanks to the pack being present the smell of her blood wasn't as strong. Jasper and Edward excused themselves feigning nauseous because of their dislike of blood.  I was thankful the wolves were here or this could've been worse. Once they were back Bella had a bandaid on her finger. And the smell had faded. Besides the little cut, everything went well and Bella enjoyed her party. Around 9, Bella and Charlie went home. Taking some of the leftovers. The wolves left too also having school and patrols. We cleaned the house at vampire speed. 

"Ember?" Edward asked once in my room were I was reading

Yeah?" I asked looking up at him

"Am I doing the right thing? She human..." He started off and I knew where he was going.

" Edward you can't keep doing this, if you leave it will kill her. She feels the pull as much as you do" I told him sternly 

"But-"

"I mean it, Edward. She is your mate and she will be one of us one of these days. You can't change fate" I told him

He relented before leaving to stay with her tonight. I sighed softly about my brother being an idiot for even entertaining the thought. Closing my book I set it in its spot before going to bed curling up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter, I really just wanted to get it out. I hope you guys like it! 

884 words- love wolfie