Chapter 5

I am having Esme turned a few years to late I apologize.
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

I am sitting in my room at Carlisle's house, my new home. I smile softly as I look down at my drawing. It's of me and Edward before we were turned. I was on top of Edward's back as we walked through the town. I giggle at the memory because we would always get looks from the people. I never quite act ladylike, like I was suppose to.

"I remember that day" Edward laughs as he looks over my shoulder making me jump since I didn't hear him.

"Stop doing that" I huff as this is the 20th time he's scared me since I've been here. I've only been here 2 days.

"Stop being so scareable" he chuckles sitting by me

"Whatever meanie" I pout at him making him chuckle.

I smiles softly and look at the drawing again "I remember mother always laughing at us while father smiled standing by mother"

"I remember that mother said to never take note of the judgmental stares. She loves how close we are" he smiles chuckling at the memory.

I laugh softly smiling at the memory "father always cared about us and how we were always together protecting eachother"

"Yeah, do you remember when that 40 year old guy asked for your hand" Edward wrinkled his nose while he spoke and I laughed.

"I've never seen you or father look so disgusted" I laughed "and what father said to him was hilarious"

"If you were 30 years younger maybe it be a thought but my daughter does not need a an old frog" Edward said in a deeper voice trying to mock father's voice making me laugh harder.

"dear god stop I can't breathe" I gasp

"we don't need to breath!" Edward exclaimed laughing.

"shush it!" I laughed smiling at my brother that I have dearly missed.

"I shall not!" he laughed smiling at me. That's when we noticed Evan and Carlisle

"oh hello" I giggled as me and Eddie speak in unison before looking at eachother. "oh no not again??" once again in sync.

"stop copying me!"

"I am not copying you!'

"brother/sister stop"

"why do you hate me!"

"I do not hate you I love you"

"Edward Anthony Masen/Emberlina Annex Masen stop right now!"

We both stop talking and look at eachother with blank faces before we erupt in laughter. Carlisle and Evan chuckling at us. I smile brightly at them looking around at them.

'I'm home' I think to myself

*time skip*

I hum softly when Eddie came to my door.

"Ember carlisle is calling a family meeting" Edward sighed not looking happy at all

I frown a bit "brother what's wrong?"

He shakes his head sighing  "you will see in a minute Ember"

"okay" I nod kinda worried and concern getting off the bed.

Hooking my arm through Edwards we walk down stairs to Carlisle's study. Once we hit the bottom of the steps a human sent hits me causing me to freeze widening my eyes looking at Edward. I haven't been around an human yet. Edward gives my hand a gentle reassuring squeeze as he slowly drags me to Carlisle's office. Inside Carlisle's office Carlisle, Evan, and a women who looks alot like Evan. My eyebrows scrunch together as I look between Carlisle and Evan.

"what's happening?" I asked aloud

"this is Esme, I met her once when she was younger. She was so full of life" Carlisle explains looking at the with a look I've only seen once in my life. He loves her. I start to jump in my spot excitedly. "she had jumped off a cliff and when they found her they couldn't find a heartbeat so they sent her straight to the morgue. I could here her heartbeat I couldn't just let her die...... It hurt to even think of letting her go"

"she's your mate"  I giggle speaking softly Carlisle smiles and nods.

"yeah she is" he replied with that I squealed excitedly jumping down again making him chuckle at me.

"calm down Emmy"  Edward lightly chuckles.

"Evan why does she look like you" I asked Evan ignoring Eddie.

"we believe that she is a descent of Evan" Carlisle told me making me nod as Esme lets out a loud excruciating scream. We all flinch.

"honey you think that you could help Esme with her pain." Evan asked

I nod walking over to Esme. She lays on a mental table her face scrunched in agony. Gently taking her hand as I turn off the human abilities in me. Taking a deep breath a warm feeling takes over me. The burning feeling of the turning. Taking as much as I could of the pain her face slowly relaxes. Gritting my teeth as the pain takes over me I keep hold of her hand slowly sinking to my knees leaning my head on the table.

"what's she doing" Edward asked? "she's guarding her thoughts"

"she taking Esme's pain" Carlisle says astonishment in his voice.

I think Evan nodded, "Yes, she can create a gift when she wishes or destroy a gift"

"waits so she's feeling the pain?!"  Edward nearly shouted

"not just feeling it but taking it" Evan sighs "but for her it slightly duller"

"leave her be Edward she will stop when it's to much for her" I heard Carlisle say as I think Edward started walking towards me.

"No she won't, not if she can help it" Edward nearly growls

"shut up Edward I am fine" I softly groan out.

"let's leave her alone" Carlisle says softly, then I heard soft footsteps walking out "do not strain yourself to much Emberlina"

With a nod the door is closed and I stay by Esme side holding her hand.

•time skip brought to you by jacob wearing make up in wolf form•two days later•

It has been two days Carlisle turned Esme and I started taking her pain. Now that it's the last day I slowly stop taking the pain as it's now only in her chest and throat slumping to the floor.

"Eddie help" I whisper weakly and in a flash all of them into the study with concern all over their face's at my slump form on the ground.

"Evan get her the blood"  Carlisle quickly told her as he rushes over to me.

With a nod she quickly flashes out of the room before she came back in "okay here you go Carlisle"

Carlisle takes it and slowly places it at my lips "drink Emberlina"

"Emberlina I told you not to strain yourself" Edward scolded lightly

I finish the blood and smile sheepishly "I am fine Eddie.... Okay maybe I over did it a little bit"

"your selflessness is going to be the end of you" Edward sighs worriedly

"well then as long as someone lives in the place for my life, then that's okay" I smile at him.

He sighs with a soft frown "your so much like mother"

"and proud of-" I start to speak but I'm pulled into a vision. Smiling widely as I came back "she will wake up soon!"

1199 words Wolfie jess