Chapter 1

*Ember's pov*

I was sitting at home when told my mother and brother were close to death and had less then an hour to live. I am currently running through the streets of my town quickly my long bronze hair flowing behind me my dress dirty from tripping so much. I rush into the hospital and into my mother's and brother's room. Carlisle was leaning over my brother but I didn't think much of it.

"Mother no don't leave us please" I cry as tears flow down my face as she had stopped breathing. I run over to Edward. "Eddie please don't leave me. Please you promised Eddie you promised me you'd always be here to protect me remember"

Edward said there motionless. And now here I am a 15 year old girl with no parents or siblings alive. I started coughing hard coughing up a bit of blood growing weak I start to fall but Dr. Cullen caught me. I started seeing spots but I just welcomed it not wanting to be alive if they aren't.

*Edward's pov*

I laid there wanting to scream no I'm here to Emmy but I couldn't move I felt like I was burning. When she started coughing I wanted to cry because I knew that cough. The cough that tells you that you have Spanish Influenza. No not my baby sister not Emmy she's to young and pure I cried in my head. I'm sure I had tears flowing down my face. I love you Emmy.

*Carlisle*

I watch the youngest and only Masen sob and break as she looks at the last bit of her family died. I looked away when she started to sob and scream at Edward. My unbeating heart broke for her. When she started coughing I quickly went to her picking her up and rushing her to another doctor and they put her in a false induce coma so she can fight off the sickness. I went to the morgue where Edward was and took him home. I payed him in the bed as he let out a scream but I don't think it's because of the transformation. But because of his family. Mostly the youngest Masen. I waited the three days for him to wake up. When he did I explained it to him.

"Where am I. Where's Emberlina!" His voice broken asking for his sister.

"Your at my house and Emberlina is at the hospital infected with the.... The Spanish Influenza.... I'm sorry she was put into an medical induce coma to fight off the sickness" I spoke calmly. I look at his face and he looked broken.

"No not Emmy she's to young and pure she doesn't deserve this" he growled out and punched the wall next to his hand going through the brick wall "W-what am I-i"

"I know it's hard to believe but a vampire" I stated calmly we also need to move now that everyone thinks he's dead. I thought

"I'd argue but I know your right" he sighs. "B-before we leave I need to say goodbye to her"

"How'd you know that.... I didn't say that out loud" I asked confused

"You said it...." Edward furrowed his brows

"Yours gifted" I whispered "you need to hunt before you see her"

"I won't kill a human" he stated glaring making me smile.

"Good cause I don't either. I hunt animals. It doesn't fully satisfy your thirst but it's bearable." I tell him and he nods. With that we go hunting and he did good. Now we are on our way to the hospital it's late notice many there we snuck in quietly. We got to Emmy's room just as her doctor left.

*Edward*

I look at Emmy and I broke into quiet dry sobs. As I see Emmy hook up to so much she looks paler then normal. I slowly walk over to her Carlisle staying cautious like I had ask.

"Oh Emmy you don't deserve this". I whispered broken. "I love you Emmy so so much I'll never forget you. Just like I know you won't forget me. Emmy you must fight this and have a family while growing old. No matter Emmy I'll be here"

When I finished saying that I kiss her forehead and cheek softly before walking to Carlisle the burning in my through my throat starting to get to hard to control.

"Let's go Carlisle" I whispered and with that we left Chicago.

*Ember*

I could hear everything but I couldn't move at all. I heard Eddie but I couldn't respond I desperately wanted to call out to him. But I couldn't and it hurt.

**************************

779 words wolfie