Chapter 2 ~ 𝘐𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘴

"Tell me, little girl. You know of the Blue Moon's true nature, yet you still defend it. Why's that?"

Subaru Sakamaki sat down besides  you under a tree in their family's garden.

"Well, how do we know that the Blue Moon's ill omen and the curse it brings are its true nature? What if...it's true nature isn't of the ones we claim. What if it's brings warmth to those who are born under it. And we labeled it such things just cause of its difference to us."

Once again the youngest brother didn't reply. He didn't understand why this prey loved that accursed moon. Why you would stand up for such a thing that cursed their kind many years ago.

"Hey, Vanitas?" Noé asked.

"Noé?" Vanitas replied.

"Would you care to explain what we're doing locked inside a prison cell?"

"I like to know as well." After what felt like hours to you, you awoke in a place which looked unfamiliar to you."So... do you mind explaining to me...on what the hell did we end up here?" you stared at the Vanitas, a shiver went down his back.

'Scary' he thought.

Vanitas, Noé, and you sat on the floor of Paris's prison cell. Noé sat on his knees as he stared at Vanitas who sat in the same position just across from him in annoyance while you sat in between them facing the bars.

"Hm. That's an excellent question! About ten hours ago, when Eglantine's poison was causing you both to carry on like lunatics, you both passed out in the street, and you've been sleeping in here, as peaceful as new-born babes, ever since. That's about it. Satisfied?"

"Not at all." Noé denies.

"Well, that's a shame." Vanitas stated so nonchalantly.

"The guards were after you. So why are we here?" You asked.

"Because I told the police you were both my ride-or-die partners in crime! Obviously!" He said like it were obvious with an insult.

"My wallet's gone!" Noé checked his pockets.

"Oh, right, they confiscated all our belongings." Vanitas replied.

"What? The book, too?!" Noé asked.

"I did say 'all'." Vanitas said to Noé's statement.

"How can you remain so calm at a time like this?" Noé ask bewildered by his attitude.

And all the sudden you stood up, both boys looked at you with a scared expression on their faces as they watched you as ran around the cell while banging the bars hysterically, looking for a way out. " Well! Are you just going to stare at me all day or are you going to help me find a way out?" you asked, trying to pull the bars apart.

"Hold on, were you planning on stealing my book?" you halted, slowly turned around to be meet with blue crystal eyes, quickly you backed up. Hitting the cell, Vanitas had pinned you, his gloved hand right next to your head, you looked at his hand then looked at him right in the eyes.

Noe stood up, his face full with anger and concern, their was tension in the air. "Stealing it?! Of course not! My teacher requested that I investigate its true nature. He said nothing of theft."

"Indeed. "Investigate it's nature." Such a peculiar choice of words, don't you think?" Vanitas kept his eyes on you and kept the same hands place between your head.  

You didn't flinch, your face was the same, your brows furrowed and your eyes stared back at Vanitas with daggers.

Noé looked up at him with a concerned and mixed appearance. He was afraid that there was something more to him that he wasn't catching on to, but he couldn't put his finger on it. What was his connection to The Vampire of the Blue Moon? What sort of connection did he have with you? There had to be something more than he isn't getting, something that he needs to find out for himself.