Chapter 6 ~ 𝘘𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴

"What the matter with you Noe? Did you twist your ankle out on the dance floor?" Vanitas asked Noe.

"It's you.....you're here." Noe is shock and relief.

"What? Who are you?" The distorted voice said.

Laughing, he replied. "So, you're with Charlatan, are you?" Vanitas holding his book when he let your waist go.

"There's blood on your neck! What's wrong?" Noé asked him.

"I don't kiss and tell." Vanitas smirk, covering his neck and leaning to the side, replying in a suggestive tone.

You knew exactly why there was blood on his neck, yet you decided to keep quiet. And try hard to hide the blush that was suddenly creeping up onto your cheeks. Yui on the other hand look at them confused.

"(Y/n)!....you have a red mark on your cheek. What happened?" Noe asked you.

" Oh, she- " You frown and punched Vanitas away making him yowl.

"I'm fine." you push your thought away.

All of a sudden, one of the Charlatan members began charging at Luca. About to move, the wall beside him broke. Revealing Jeanne.

"Stay away from him or pay the price!" Jeanne growled in anger protect Luca.

"You said you're from Charlatan, yes? So, what is it that you people want? I suppose all this pandemonium has been your doing?" Luca demanded, squeezing his hands into a tight fist. He has only heard the name come out of people a couple of times, and many of those who had come across it had been consumed and transformed into curse bearers. He hoped that with the information he is presented in the situation, he might have a better grasp at helping his older brother recover.

"Oh, my. Isn't this delightful?" The distorted voice said after laughing.

"Enough, Naenia, we've already stayed too long." They said, drawing himself as far away as possible from the fight. He fears that if they don't leave the area as soon as possible, there is a high chance that you may discover his identity. You noticed the tense figure of Noé off to the side, his body trembling slightly underneath the man's voice. "The Queen's Fangs will soon hear of this."

"Aw, how disappointing." Naenia cooed their mouth forming an "O" shape. They comment, opening its mouth to let out an ear-piercing screech.

"That awful voice, just like before." Noé said, covering an ear.

You winced as you place a hand over your ear, attempting to block out the sound as it echoed throughout the halls. Once they finished, a crowd of disillusioned vampires swarmed the area.

You squeeze the handle of your black sword, cutting down into the crowd as they dropped to the ground.

"Noe. I've taken quite a liking to you, you know. When next we meet, I do hope that you'll share your true name with me." Naenia said before disappearing.

"No- wait a minute! What are you after?! Why are you making curse-bearers? And why'd you take Louis?!" Noe shouted, wrestling with a curse-bearer.

"A la prochaine, Noe." Naenia said, fully disappearing.

"No, stop!" Jeanne said, swiping her arm and sending everyone flying backward.

"After them, Jeanne!" Luca said, hitching a ride on Jeanne's back.

"Yes, Master Luca!" Jeanne reply, chasing after them.