Chapter 19 ~ 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦

Ten days later the three of you have return to Paris safely.

Though after a long while Noe suddenly headed over to Galerie Valentine carrying a  very dried, paled Vanitas who's looking like a ghosted zombie.

"Please, Count Orlok, we need your help, right now! It's Vanitas! I believe he might be about to die, sir!" Noe panic, practically bursting through the door with Vanitas under his arm.

"What?" Nox raised a brow.

"He's refused to get up ever since we returned to Paris and that was ten days ago! But when I asked him what the trouble is..."

"The pain is excruciating

"The pain is excruciating." was all Vanitas muttered with a spotlight on.

"He keeps repeating that over and over! He won't even eat! I'm so frightened. I don't know what to do." Noe started to tear up holding his hat with one hand.

"Have you considered just letting him die?" Manet asked without a hint of care.

"Let him speak, Manet. After all, we mustn't dismiss him until Murr has had a chance to eat." Nox plainly said.

"He refuses to let a doctor anywhere near him, and it seems Amelia and Yui has taken the day off to take care of her own affairs. You're his last hope!" Noe pleaded.

 "Poor baby!" Manet and Nox both deadpanned.

"I'd rather die than have someone examine my body, so you can forget that." Vanitas said, kneeling on the couch.

"But, Vanitas..."

"There's no point. I know this is no ordinary sickness. I've pored through all of my medical books, and none of them can tell me a thing about what ails me!"

"I see, so that's why you had that big pile of books next to your bed." Noe realized.

"I know what's wrong! (Y/N) must've put some kind of curse upon me!" Vanitas exclaims.

This Cause Noe and Manet to gasp.

"The Dragon-Phoenix Princess?!" Nox shocked.

"She cursed you?" Orlok asked.

"That's impossible! (Y/n) would never do something so sinister! She's our friend!" Noe protested the idea you poisoned Vanitas.

"She kissed me in Gévaudan, and that was when the symptoms first began to appear!" He can't stop thinking about you. "Since then, my face is always flushed and my heart feels like it's trapped in a vice! It's been beating out of control!" Vanitas rambles.

"Wait." Noe started.

"What?" Manet then grows speechless.

"And worst of all, I seem fixated on (Y/n). It doesn't matter how I try to distract myself!"

"What the devil is this?! It's starting to consume my every waking moment! There was a bizarre sensation when she kissed me!!!! It felt so exhilarating, better than ever before!" Vanitas booming out his voice.