Episode 12 • 1

The morning was quiet. The lights went on and Alex groaned, sitting up to try and give himself some energy.

His back ached as he stood from the couch and make his way to the dressing room to get ready. He didn't want to sleep on the couch but after last night he couldn't even look at Ekin.

"Do you want to talk about something?" Asked Ekin as they sat at the firepit.

"I don't know, is there anything we should talk about?" He asked, still acting like he knew nothing.

"No-"

"What do you think of the new guys?" He asked innocently, not looking her way.

"They're nice lads-"

"Nice looking lads eh?" He poked.

"Well, I haven't really- "

"Especially Jay."

She was quiet.

"Shame the face doesn't match the personality."

She frowned in confusion, "what do you- ?"

"But you'd know all about that wouldn't you?" He dropped casually, taking a sip of his drink as her jaw dropped.

"What did you just sa- ?"

"If you think I'm stupid I'd think again." He growled, "you think I don't know what's going on?"

"Nothing's- "

"I've seen you TWICE Ekin, don't bullshit me now!"

"WELL MAYBE IF YOU WEREN'T SO- SO-"

"If you're going to complain about my actions at least prepare a stable argument." He said calmly, knowing full well how much more powerful it is to be calm in this sort of situation. Shouting will get him nowhere.

"YES! I kissed him. Happy now?"

"Very much so" he 'chuckled' tauntingly.

"Well I wouldn't have done it if you just- "

"Alex?" The man snapped out of his thoughts as Gemma called to him from the doorway.

"Hey Gem" he smiled lightly as she came closer.

"How're you feeling about everything?" She asked tentatively, in case he was very upset.

"I'm fi- "

"Don't lie."

"I feel awful." He sighed, "I don't know where I went wrong Gem" he whispered sadly.

"Well she's an idiot", she laughed, "I shouldn't say it because she's one of my closest friends in here but if she can't see how amazing you are she must be blind."

"Thanks angel. How are you and Luca doing?"

"Yeah, it's alright." She started, not seeming very happy discussing the topic. "I just think he's too clingy for me."

"We'd be no good together then" he laughed.

"No, somehow I don't think I'd mind it coming from you. "

They smiled at each other for a while before he opened his arms in invitation.
The girl laughed and ran into his chest, enjoying his warmth as they swayed on the spot. No one spoke and it was perfect.

Until Dami and Indiyah walked in at least.

"Whooo, get it Alex!" Dami laughed, earning a smack from his partner who hadn't wanted to disrupt them.

Deciding it was too late to leave, Indiyah asked "How're you feeling Alex?"

"Obviously," he began, clearing his throat, "Obviously I'm not the best I could be but I'm lucky I have lots of people to talk to." He smiled, not noticing the blush on Gemma's cheeks.