Chapter Six

"Why did you say no?"

"Why didn't you inform me of your true intentions?"

You exclaim, glaring at Javan as he stares down at you with an angry expression.

"I thought I made my intentions clear, did you think that you and I could continue living together like that without marriage!"

You are shocked by his outburst, realizing how he is correct right now.

After all, Javan is a religious man, and it's inappropriate for him to live alone with a woman.

"I have a son, that means that there is a high possibility that I have a husband who is searching for me" you explain.

Javan snorts, finding your words to be just a jester to laugh at.

"If he was truly searching for you, then why until that moment he didn't find you"

"There are only two tribes in this world, he would have found you by now"

You stay silent, not knowing what to say to him, even if you want to argue, his argument valid to some degree.

"I apologize if I made you believe that we would get married, but to be honest with you..."

You take a soft breath, doubting whether you should tell him your true feelings about the whole marriage thing.

"...I think us getting married won't work out because it would feel forced" you admit.

But deep down, you feel like you just uttered nonsense.

"That's Satan speaking, not you"

You are shocked by his words of accusation.

"What?"

Javan placed both of his hands on your cheeks, leaning his face closer to you.

"Those are the words of the devil, he wants people to have sex out of marriage, and children out of wedlock"

You push his hands away from you, before sneering at him.

"Are you insane? Did I tell you that I wanted to have sex with you and then have children? No, then don't say such words"

"One thing leads to another" you grit your teeth at his stubbornness.

"I'm leaving" you assert.

"Where?" He inquires.

"None of your concern,"

Javan lets you leave freely because he is sure that you will return here before night.

You can't easily find another place to live, can you?

𑁍❁𑁍❁𑁍

You take a seat under a tree in the forest to relax your mind and body from unbearable thoughts.

Laying against the tree made you realize how tiny you are compared to the large and tall tree.

As long as you are away from Cain's tribe, nothing bad will happen to you while in the forest, just laying peacefully under a tree.

At least that's what you hope and pray for to happen.

Yet, the opposite of what you prayed for happened and your peace is interrupted.

"What are you doing here, my dear?"

You quickly stand away from the tree, to stare warily at the man approaching you.

He has blond soft hair and dark grey eyes, honestly, his soft feminine features make him look ethereal.

"Who are you?" you inquire.

"Father Nature"

He replies calmly while smirking at you.

"No, really, who are you?" you repeat the question with impatience.

Suddenly roots wrap around your legs and hold you upside down in front of the stranger.

You gasp as he sneers at you with a wicked expression.

"I do not like to repeat myself, human"