Chapter Ten

Suhayb's offer to take care of you and your son was enough of a red flag for you to leave.

You didn't even wait for Nature to finish his business with the tribe's leader, you just left the tribe while Suhayb was distracted.

Swimming across the river was an unpleasant feeling to you but you managed, and the river wasn't even that deep.

Unfortunately, the river was not the problem... But the huge wolf growling at you right now on your way back to Seth's tribe.

The wolf is sneering at you viciously, ready to bite your head off.

Not wasting another minute, you ran away from the wolf, and before you know it you are rushing towards the river again.

Well, you can't climb those huge wide trees, but you can swim in the river.

The moment your body hits the water once again, you start swimming.

But unfortunately, wolves can swim.

So the beast got into the water and started swimming after you. 

You start swimming quickly in hopes of escaping the wolf, but to no avail, the wild animal is faster.

But before he can reach you, a spear strikes the beast in its head, killing it instantly.

You stare at the attacker only to find it to be Suhayb with a cold expression on his face.

"Are you going to stay in the water and drown or are you going to come out and face me?" the redhead exclaims with a now playful smirk.

You swim back to his side and get out of the water, shaking from the air that hits your wet clothed body.

"You could have just said you felt uncomfortable by what I said instead of running away"

Starting to walk side by side with Suhayb, you only listen to his snide comment but keep quiet.

"You really think you could stay alone forever? You need to be always surrounded by others even if it is just one person"

You sigh at his words, finally speaking out.

"I'm not from here, I might not meet my family" you admit.

"I still don't understand how can you not be from here, you are acting like you are an angel sent down from heaven" 

You shook your head at him.

"I'm not from heaven... I'm from a different time era" you try to explain in hopes that he understands.

"What are you trying to imply here?"  you clutch into the wet cloth material.

"I'm from a different time era, what do you think that means?" you repeat.

The red-haired man is baffled by your words, trying to process them.

"You are from the age of Cain and Abel, correct?  Is that what you are trying to say, that you are older than me?"

You chuckle in amusement mixed with disappointment.

"No, that is not it, it is impossible to understand what I'm trying to say, so forget that I said anything, to begin with"

Suhayb was about to question you but Father Nature stormed up to you two with an angry look on his face.

"What did you do to her?"  Nature demands after noticing your devasted state.

"Nothing, I just went for a swim" you lie.

"And you want me to believe that" you roll your eyes at him.

"I could care less if you want to believe me or not" you state bluntly.

"We are leaving"

Father Nature starts walking, but before you could follow him, Suhayb stops you.

"She could stay here if she wants to" Nature stops and turns toward him with a piercing gaze.

"Now, why would I leave her with a tribe of sinners who are good for nothing but ruin Earth and disobey the creator?" 

Suhayb smirks mockingly at Nature, with his arms behind his back, clutching his hands together.

"Seems like you have taken a liking to her just like I do"

Your eyes widen in shock, but you didn't dare to say anything.

"Indeed, I like this human very much" Nature admits.

"And I would kill anyone who dares to harm her in any way"