Chapter Nine

"So, how do you know my mother?" Sherif asks as he walks side by side with Javan.

"She lives with me" Javan answers with an annoyed tone.

For some reason, he hates your son, maybe it is the fact that you actually have a son and a husband.

Yet, that didn't mean Javan will give up on making you his own wife.

It only fueled his obsession with you. 

"Mom lives with you in that cave? Her back must hurt"  Sherif mocks, causing Javan to frown.

"Yes, where else would she and I live, under a rock, boy?"

Javan stares at the teen boy, inspecting him, and making him look away from him to ease the discomfort.

Sherif looks like you in his reactions.

"Is your father alive boy?"

"Unfortunately, yes"

Javan raises an eyebrow at the bitter reply, noticing the change of expression on the boy's face. 

"You don't like your father?" Sherif gulps, staring back at Javan.

"No, I don't like him, he is vile"

Hearing that sentence made the dark-haired man mad.

If your husband is vile, that means you might have been abused.

Someone as sweet as you doesn't deserve such cruel treatment.

"And where is your father right now? Why is he not with you?" Javan demands.

"He doesn't know I'm searching for my mom, if he knew, I would be punished" 

Javan's eyes soften before placing an arm around Sherif's shoulder.

"I will protect you and your mother from any evil that lurks around"

꧁𑁍𑁍꧂

"Why are you in a grumpy mood? you should be happy" 

"Happy about what?"  you inquire, taking a bite from your fruit while sitting beside Suhayb under a tree.

"The fact that you are away from Seth's tribe and their strict rules"

You chuckle and roll your eyes at his sentence, finding it amusing.

"Just because people follow rules and have limitations doesn't mean it will make a person miserable" he snorts at you.

"Being free is better-" you cut him off.

"There is a limitation for freedom if freedom was unlimited, you won't be able to live in peace"

Suhayb starting to get invested in your ideas urges you to continue.

"How so?"

"I mean you are free to do as you wish as long as you don't harm others"

"That's the same idea"

"No, it is not, if there are rules for you not to kill or rape, or do whatever harms others, then your freedom is limited" 

Suhayb shrugs.

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No, everything has to have a limit, a red line you can't cross"

You draw on the ground a line between you and Suhayb to prove a point.

Suhayb ruins the line with his finger, before grabbing your face.

"Well, I don't want any boundaries to form between us" your face heats up, yet you stay silent, only staring into his eyes.

"I'm married and have a son" you exclaim nervously.

Even though you don't remember many things, but you morally can't be with Suhayb.

"Death to your husband, as for your son, we could raise him together" 

Suhayb only leans his face towards yours, neverlethess, doesn't kiss you.

"What do you say? bring your son and live with me here"