Chapter Fifteen

"Do you wish to marry me?"

The question caught Javan off guard, not believing that you proposed that you two get married.

"Yes, I would love that very much" he replies quickly without hesitation.

You smile at his enthusiasm before continuing your speech.

"But there is a condition"

"State your condition"

"You will have to leave everyone and everything behind you and come with me to my home"

"I will do it, but don't you have a husband, I mean the father of Sherif" Javan points out.

"I will tell you everything once you come with me"

The fact that Javan was willing to trust you and abandon everything for the chance of marrying you filled your heart with warmth and excitement for your potential future together.

𖤐★𖤐 Eight Months Later ★𖤐★

"It saddens me that you will depart from our organization"

You smile at the dark haired man as he sits behind his fancy desk, one leg crossed over the other.

"Truth be told, I'm delighted to leave"

You place your hands on the desk and lean down to give him a wide smile.

"After All, what is considered better freedom than leaving evil itself behind"

Orpheus grins back, leaning his head against the chair, his right hand reaches up to lay on his chest where his heart is located.

"Indeed, you now have the freedom for your whole family and unborn child but lost many privileges"

His eyes land on your bulging stomach.

"I hope your child grows up to be as intelligent as you"

He stands up and tries to place his hand on your belly, but you back away, preventing that from happening.

"I came to say my farewell, now I will take my leave"

With that you walk out of the luxurious office while Orpheus watches.

The warmth on his face gives way to an abrupt chill as the corners of his lips pull downwards into a straight line.

His eyes lose their shine and become cloudy, as if a sudden wave of negativity has taken over his mood.

Orpheus' face is now void of any friendliness and joy.

"I just can't believe you were fooled by such a silly girl"

Satan makes himself visible to naked eyes of his follower.

"Indeed, I was"

Satan mutters with a smirk, as he crosses his arms over his chest.

"Why are you so happy about it?" the man demands.

"Because, I enjoyed every bit of it"

A/n: This is the last chapter in this story, the rest will be continued in 'Rabbit Hole' thanks for the support ❤️❤️❤️