Chapter Thirteen

"I'm hungry," Sherif pouted, staring at the plate of food in front of him.

"Well then, eat it," Javan said, pushing the dish towards him.

"But it looks gross!" Sherif complained, and you could see his frustration brewing.

"How dare you call the blessings of God gross?" Javan exclaims, surprised by Sherif's audacity.

You let out a heavy sigh as he and Sherif continued their back-and-forth about the food.

"You don't know how to cook anything, mom makes the best food" Sherif mocked, as if it was the worst thing in the world.

"I don't know what you're talking about, I can barely boil water," you admitted.

Sherif shook his head in disbelief before letting out a loud laugh.

"You can barely cook? Mom, your food is the best in the world, I can barely eat any other cooking"

A smile breaks on your face, happy by the compliment.

"Javan!"

A shout comes from below the mountain, causing the said man to walk out and see who is calling for him.

Only to find his father.

"Yes, father?"

"Someone is asking for (Y/n), bring her with you, they are waiting at the gathering area"

Hearing those words made Sherif pale in fear, thinking that it is Azazel, the same entity that pretended to be his father.

"Why are your hands shaking?" you inquire worriedly.

"It's nothing, I'm just scared that those people might harm us"

You grab his shaking hands into yours, your expression changing into a knowing one.

"Don't worry, I will always protect you, I know how to deal with those wicked bastards, after all"

Your son's eyes widen in realisation while you wink at him and place your index finger on your lips, signalling him to keep quiet as Javan returns.

"Let us go before dawn, we cannot keep your family waiting" Javan forms with a bitter voice tone.

Sherif follows behind you and Javan with confusion, meanwhile, you are smiling brightly.

Your son doesn't know that he didn't only bring back your memories, but he brought back the old ones...

...the ones where you made a bet with an infamous Satanist on the fact that you could trick and manipulate Satan.

And you won after a great offer.

🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹

"Hello"

Zahra only stares in shock at you, trying to form words.

You look identical to her adoptive mother in every way.

Maybe even personality.

"Huh, the girl is prettier than you, I admit" Sufiyan can't help but mock the dark-haired woman.

"You are a jew?" your son asks Sufiyan.

"Yes, isn't it obvious?" Sufiyan answers proudly, pointing at his David's star necklace.

"Well, Well-" you cut off Sherif's sentence with a deadly glare 

"Why are you here?"

It's Javan's turn to direct questions at Zahra.

"I came to save (Y/n)"

You break out of character and laugh, finding her sentence amusing.

"What is so funny, you ungrateful girl?" Sufiyan demands, causing you to stop laughing.

"How can you save me? When it's too late"