Chapter Fourteen

"You are telling me that you did all of that and wasted years of your life just to trick Satan"

"Yes, and I did it to win a bet to achieve something greater for me and my descendants"

Zahra grits her teeth while her time traveling companion rolls his eyes, also feeling displeased.

"Is having amensia also from your plan" you nod your head.

"Satan can read minds sometimes if he is present with us, and I could not risk it" you explain.

"You are in a cult?" Sufiyan inquires.

"It is not a cult, it's much bigger then that, it's a secret society that contains vile and powerful people who wants to change the world order, so they can be in control" 

You look down at the ground as you utter those words out in utter disgust, but continue speaking.

"Great grandfather, Farid, joined him later in his life, and the oath he took, he forced his family into this society-"

"Why can't you just leave?" Zahra cuts you off with this question.

"Because, if I broke the oath, I will be condemned to death, so I made a bet with the society's leader" you assert with a small guilty smile.

Zahra smiles back at you, already remembering your earlier words.

"Let me guess, that if you are successful in manipulating Satan, you and your family are free to leave, correct?"

"Yup" you reply, making a popping sound.

"Now, I pity you Zahra, you had an abusive husband and a psycho son" Sufiyan mocks your ancestor.

The woman turns to him and smirks, not offended at all.

"Well, at least I have descendants unlike you, powerful ones at that too"

You watch the two bicker at each other as if they were young children.

And you decided to leave them with their argument and go check on your son and Javan.

But you didn't expect to see Matteo.

No, not the present version of Matteo, but the future one.

"Matteo"

Upon hearing his name, the man turns around to face you.

He looks much older, yet is still handsome, actually more handsome then was in his youth.

"(Y/n)"

Matteo mumbles your name, looking rather sad then happy to see you.

"Mom, I don't want to return with him" Sherif exclaims, backing away from Matteo.

"I think it's better to obey your father, God tells us to always obey our parents" Javan scolds the teen boy.

"He is not my father!" Sherif corrects angrily, glaring at Matteo.

But the Italian man did not take any offense, and instead grabs your son by his arm to leave.

"Where are you taking me, let go of me!"

"I'm taking you back home, we need to speak" 

Hearing those words, you quickly grab the hand of Matteo to stop him from leaving with Sherif.

"I wish to speak to you before you go, Matteo"

The said man lets go of Sherif and allows you to pull him to the side to have a private  conversation.

"Explain the situation"

"Apparently, Sherif summoned a demon and that demon called Azazel who kidnapped him and he wiped away his memories, replacing them with false ones"

Matteo sees your eyes widen in worry and shock, so he quickly assures you.

"Don't worry, I have dismissed Azazel, all I need is to revive Sherif's memories"

You let out a relieved sigh.

"But where am I from all of that?" you ask.

"You are alive and well, you send me here to get Sherif back"

Matteo could bring himself to tell you your future...

...the future where you are dead and he is Sherif's legal guardian.

A/n: Next chapter is the last chapter ❤️