1- Cruelty

Hey guys, just a little chat before you start the story. My OC, Sakura's backstory changes the way the demon slayer corps was formed. In my story, it was formed by two family's, so it may seem confusing at first for you. Also in this story, Nezuko has human brain cognition so she tends to speak in her mind so the readers can see what she's thinking but she's still the cute adorable lil' Nezuko we all love and need in our lives.

Sakura wakes up to the sound of the usual bird tweeting and chirping outside of cabin as she sits up and she looks around her small wooden cabin where she has lived for the past 10 years or so. She removes the blanket from over her legs as she stands up and stretches her arms to the early morning sky, bends over and touches the ground, just to show off to the dust settling on the ledges in her cabin. She lives on her own but lives nearby the Kamado family, a family she has been looking after for the past few years. She walks to her cupboard and she changes into her outfit before tying her hair back into a high messy bun, pinning it back with a gold pin her late husband gave her.

Sakura walks to her futon and she picks it up from the ground, folding it up and placing it in the space in her cupboard before she shuts the doors. She picks up bag for the day which she packed the night before as she checks her appearance in her small mirror once more before opening the door to her cabin. Sakura steps out of her cabin and shuts the door, locking it in place with a bar of metal she had found on the mountainside. Where she lives isn't the safest but it's what she's working with for now. Her wish is for the Kamado family to live in peace in a nice warm house where the children can grow up and have fun.

Sakura makes her small walk up the mountain as she takes in the cold morning air. She checks the small watch on her kimono which reads 6:30am. Sakura usually wakes up at this time everyday, because she has a full day of work ahead of her. Sakura makes it to the top of the mountain as she spots the Kamado household just ahead of her. As she goes over the final lump in the snow, she spots the oldest of the Kamado children, Tanjiro, packing his bag for the day.

"Tanjiro!" Sakura calls out to the boy as she waves her hand in the air.

Tanjiro turns his head and spots her, a bright smile forming on his lower face as he puts a hand in the air and waves to her, "Sakura-san!".

Sakura runs over as Tanjiro picks up his basket.

"Did you sleep well?" Tanjiro asks as he places the basket on his back.

Sakura nods as she notices the soot covering Tanjiro's cheeks as she chuckles, pulling out a cloth and patting against the skin of Tanjiro's face, "it's the same thing everyday with you, isn't it?".

"Sometimes I don't know what I would do with you" Tanjiro says with a small chuckle.

"Sakura!" Kie, the Mother of the Kamado family calls out as she walks out of the family home, "here, take this onigiri with you".

"Kie-san, how are you this morning?" Sakura asks as she places the cloth in her pocket again, greeting the woman.

"I'm happy to see you up so early again" Kie says as she smiles softly.

"I've gotten used to it all these years, especially now that Tanjiro and I have started to coming down to the village everyday for work. When it was the three of us, Tanjiro and I would always have to wait for Nezuko to wake up" Sakura says with a small giggle as Kie chuckles.

"You're right, she does like to lie in. But surprisingly, we're all up at the same time" Kie says as she holds Sakura's hands and she places the wrapped up onigiri in her hands, "remember to eat this when you hungry later".

"Wow, I'm so happy, I sure will eat this later!" Sakura exclaims as Tanjiro takes the food for her and places it in her bag.

"You do know you don't have to go down to the village today. The snow has piled up last night so you might slip and fall" Kie says as she looks at Tanjiro, "I don't want either of you to suffer an injury".