18- Masters of the Mansion

This chapter will combine episodes 21 and 22 of the anime.

Sakura and Shinobu continue to walk around the mountain when Shinobu remembers reports of another demon on the mountain, a girl.

"Sakura-san, I'm going to go meet up with Tomioka-san" Shinobu says as she stops and she looks at Sakura.

Sakura nods as Shinobu runs off in the direction of where Tomioka was. Sakura finally makes it to where the Kakushi clean up is going on as she spots Kanao talking to some members of the Kakushi. Sakura walks over as the Kakushi bow to Sakura before they run off.

"Thanks for looking out for the Kakushi, Kanao" Sakura says with a bright smile.

"It was what Shinobu-san ordered me to do so I must do it" Kanao says as she bows her head.

"Continue with the hard work for me" Sakura says as Kanao nods before she walks off.

Sakura looks around at the devastation caused by the spider demons when she spots Zenitsu, his entire body wrapped in bandages.

"Zenitsu-kun" Sakura says as she runs over to him.

"Sakura-san!" Zenitsu calls out as Sakura crouches down in front of him, "some freakoid spider demon bit me and tried to turn me into a spider but a really nice woman helped me".

"I'm glad you're okay!" Sakura says happily.

"I was so scared" Zenitsu complains.

"I bet you were. It's all over now though so you just have to focus on recovery" Sakura says with a smile.

Sakura regroups with the Hashira alongside Kanao as she sees a Kakushi scared to touch Nezuko who is now asleep. Sakura sighs as she walks over and she picks Nezuko up.

"Sakura-sama, don't go near the demon, they might be dangerous" the Kakushi says as Sakura gives them a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry about me, Nezuko is quite harmless" Sakura says as she places Nezuko back inside her box.

Sakura places Nezuko's box on her back as she starts to walk away, "come on you guys, we should be heading back to the headquarters" Sakura says as Giyu, Shinobu and Kanao pick up their pace.

--- a few hours later ---

"Oi, wake up! Wake up!" someone yells as they hit Tanjiro's back.

Tanjiro's eyes start to open as he sees a Kakushi knelt beside him.

"How dare you sleep in the presence of the Hashira?" the man asks as he looks at Tanjiro.

"Where's Nezuko?" Tanjiro asks as he sits up abruptly, hitting heads with the man, looking around.

"Do you think you're in any position to ask questions? Sort yourself out, you're in the presence of the Hashira!" the man says as he rubs his forehead.

Tanjiro looks and sees six brightly coloured haired individuals stood in front of him, one of them he notices as the woman who tried to attack Nezuko earlier.

"Before we start the trial, we should at least give him the chance to explain what crime he has committed" Shinobu says as she looks directly at Tanjiro.

"There's no need for a trial. Protecting a demon is a clear violation of the code. We're quite within our rights to deal with him on our own. We're going to behead him, alongside the demon" Kyojuro says loudly.

"If that's the case, I'll be happy to decapitate him, in a flamboyant way that is. I'll show you the most flamboyant blood spray you've ever seen. I'm talking max flamboyance" Tengen says happily.