14- Mount Natagumo

Sakura helps Nezuko out of her box as she looks out for Zenitsu who for the last few days has been completely obsessed with Nezuko, making him completely forget all about the crush he previously had on her. Nezuko stands up straight as Sakura flattens down her outfit when the door to the room flies open and Zenitsu runs in, coming over to Nezuko.

"Nezuko-chan!" Zenitsu calls out as he tries to stand in front of Nezuko but Sakura holds him back with her foot.

Nezuko holds onto Sakura as Zenitsu tries to keep getting to Nezuko. Tanjiro comes in and stands in between Sakura and Zenitsu, holding his arms out to the side.

"Zenitsu stop, leave Nezuko alone" Tanjiro says as Nezuko lets go of Sakura.

Sakura rolls her eyes as she walks outside to see Inosuke sat down at a small desk practicing his reading and writing since Sakura promised she'd help him. Sakura sits down next to Inosuke as he stares at the piece of paper.

"How's it going?" Sakura asks as she looks at him.

"The poem you wrote me isn't making any sense" Inosuke complains as he looks down.

Sakura takes the piece of paper from him and she giggles slightly, "it's because you were holding it upside down Inosuke" Sakura says as she flips to paper the right way up.

Inosuke takes the paper from Sakura and he flattens it out onto the desk. Inosuke starts to read as he follows each character with his finger along the page, "I want to dance with the moon, sing love songs to the sun, wander through the woods, hike to the top of the tallest mountains" Inosuke reads.

"Well done Inosuke, you did a really good job" Sakura says as she pats his back.

"This poem's silly" Inosuke retorts, "why would you dance with the moon and sing to the sun?".

"It was my husband's favourite poem" Sakura says with a small smile.

"What's a husband?" Inosuke asks as he tries to get something out of his ear.

"It's a boy who I loved dearly enough to want to spend everyday and every night with. The one I wanted to have a family with, a family with children" Sakura explains.

"What happened to your baby?" Inosuke asks as he looks at her.

"My husband died quite young so we never got the chance to try" Sakura says as she looks at him.

"I can't remember my mother or my father, I wonder if they were in love like you and your husband were" Inosuke says as he looks out upon the garden.

"They had you Inosuke, they must've been" Sakura says with a smile.

"Thanks for helping me Samurai" Inosuke says as he gives her a small smile.

"It's no problem" Sakura says as she giggles at the fact that Inosuke continues to get her name wrong, "you said you wanted to get stronger, this is the first step".

Sakura continues to teach Inosuke how to spell when Inosuke gets frustrated since he can't remember a character. He jumps upwards, screaming loudly as he bursts into the room where Nezuko, Zenitsu and Tanjiro are all causing a commotion and he headbutts Tanjiro in the back. Sakura giggles as she watches the four youngsters chase each other around the room.

--- one week later ---

Sakura now has everyone awake and she checks everyone for wounds and she deems them okay to get back to work. Sakura sends Miwa to the demon slayer headquarters with a letter for Master Ubuyashiki, letting him now of the three boys' return to work and her arrival at the headquarters soon. The four of them get ready and they stand outside of the Wisteria house as the woman passes Zenitsu some food and some to Sakura as well.