15- You Must Master A Single Thing

These next two chapters will be quite vague as it mainly focuses on Inosuke and Zenitsu's stories. Also, Sakura goes not have any part in episode 16 so this will jump straight to episode 17. There will be random jumps in these next two chapters so just bare with me. They might be short as well as it just focuses on the parts where Sakura is discussed by Zenitsu or Inosuke and the parts where Sakura is at the demon slayer headquarters. Anyways, hope you enjoy these next two chapters.

--- at the demon slayer headquarters ---

Sakura finally arrives at the headquarters as she is greeted by all of the Kakushi who walk by her. Sakura makes her way to the Master's meeting room as that is where she's been summoned for an audience with the Master.

"Master Ubuyashiki, Sakura Hirai is here" the Kakushi stood outside the door announces.

"Sakura, please come in" Kagaya says from the other side of the door as the Kakushi opens the door for her.

"Hello Master Ubuyashiki. Have you been well?" Sakura asks as she bows her head.

"I have been well, thank you Sakura. And yourself" Kagaya asks with a smile.

"I am well. I am glad to see you looking so well" Sakura says as she walks closer.

"I wonder if you still wear the yellow silk and blue floral patterned kimono over your uniform as you usually do" Kagaya says as he looks up at her.

"I do as it matches the clear blue summer sky and warm sun" Sakura says with a smile.

"Please take a seat. We'll start the meeting once you're comfortable" Kagaya says as Sakura kneels down at the table, "so first I would like discuss the young boy you have been training. You took two years from your duties as a Hashira to train the boy. You must have seen great potential in him".

"Yes. The boy's name is Tanjiro Kamado and he possesses the famous hanafuda earrings that were worn by the great Yoriichi Tsugikuni" Sakura says as she picks up the small pot in front of her.

"Does the boy use sun breathing?" Kagaya asks as he moves his cup over to Sakura.

"I have not trained the boy in that breathing technique. Alongside former water pillar Sakonji Urokodaki, I trained the boy in water breathing. He also learnt a kagura dance from his later Father so there is a possibility he could know some of the forms" Sakura says as she pours some tea into the Master's cup.

"If this is true, the boy could come to possess the stronger breathing technique in history" Kagaya says, "now, about your run in with Muzan Kibutsuji. Are you fully healed now?".

"Yes I am, thank you for your concern. To say I was worried is an understatement. When I picked up his scent when Tanjiro's family was murdered, I was sick to my stomach. I told myself day after day that Muzan had attacked them because of me, because I was close to them. Then when I saw him in Tokyo, I had to fight him. I had to just try and kill him but I couldn't. He killed three humans before he beat me and took off. I let my emotions run to the surface, I apologise for my weakness" Sakura says as she looks down.

"I do not blame you, any of the other Hashira would have done the same thing if they had come across him. Though I don't think he would have been so kind to just leave them injured as he did with you. He would have killed you. Again, the man's obsession with you continues to show in oddest of ways" Kagaya says as he takes a sip of his tea, "now, in your opinion, do you believe Muzan Kibutsuji will summon the twelve kizuki once again?".

"I believe he will, I can sense it" Sakura says as she picks up her own small cup.

"I must believe you then, your senses have never been wrong" Kagaya says as he looks down.

"We have one of the most elite groups of Hashira in the history of the demon slayer corps. The twelve kizuki will struggle to remain triumphant" Sakura says as she pours her own tea.

"Now, my intentions are to bring Tanjiro Kamado, Nezuko Kamado, Zenitsu Agatsuma and Inosuke Hashibira into the headquarters once they have finished the mission they have just received in order to talk with them" Kagaya says as Sakura sips her own tea, "now, unless you have any other questions or any topics you will to discuss with me, you are dismissed".

--- on Mount Natagumo ---

Whilst Zenitsu continues to fight off the spider demon, he contemplates on every little thing that has happened in his life. He also remembers what Sakura had said to him during the time they were resting at the Wisteria house.

--- flashback ---

"It's no use, my Gramps wasn't able to teach me another one, there's no chance that you can" Zenitsu says as he falls to the ground after failing to learn another thunder breathing form.

"I was terrified of demons when I first became a demon slayer as well Zenitsu-kun" Sakura says as she sits down next to Zenitsu.

"You, there's no way" Zenitsu says as he looks at Sakura shocked.

"The only reason I became a demon slayer was because my friends were in training and they forced me to join them" Sakura says with a small chuckle, "at first when I was learning water breathing, I could only wield the first form".

"You were like me?" Zenitsu asks as he sits up.

"I was, but after training my ass off I learnt all of the other breathing techniques apart from three of them which one I'm still in the process of learning and the other two are hard to learn because there aren't many records of them. But my mentor told me this, if you cannot do more than one thing, then you must hone the one thing you are able to do to perfection. Follow me and I'll show you what I mean" Sakura says as she stands up and she holds her hand out to Zenitsu.

They walk into a wider area of space as Zenitsu holds his sword.

"What you can do if you can use your power, your breathing technique and you can multiply it, something I like to call six fold. It can only be used on the first form of everything breathing technique so you're lucky Zenitsu-kun" Sakura says with a smile.

After a few hours of rigorous training, Zenitsu is laid on the ground, crying "I can't move anymore" Zenitsu says through breaths.

"Are you just gonna fold like that?" Sakura asks as she stands over him.

"You're a lot stronger than I am, you don't know this feeling" Zenitsu says as he kneels.

"I have been on death's door many times Zenitsu-kun. But I never gave in. If you give up now, I'll tell Nezuko" Sakura threatens as Zenitsu looks up at her.

"Sakura-san no" Zenitsu begs as he scrambles to Sakura's feet and he holds her ankles, "I beg you not to. I can handle disappointing Tanjiro and Inosuke, but disappointing Nezuko-chan, I could never forgive myself".

"Well get up then. Keep getting stronger" Sakura says as she flicks Zenitsu on the forehead.