12- Something More Important Than Life

Sakura, Zenitsu and Shoichi have been running around the mansion looking for any signs of human life for the past few hours but there seems to be no hope. That is until they turn a corner and come across a demon standing at the top window staring at the ground below. Sakura draws her blade as she cuts the demon, making it stumble back away from the window. Sakura drags Zenitsu and Shoichi towards the window.

"Shoichi-kun, get onto Zenitsu-kun's back" Sakura says as Shoichi does as she says, "I'm sorry about this Zenitsu-kun" Sakura says as she pushes Shoichi and Zenitsu out of the window, the two falling to the ground, Zenitsu breaking their fall.

The room changes just in time as the demon goes to attack Sakura but she simply strikes through the demon's neck, walking through the hallway, not giving the demon a second glance. Sakura continues to walk when she hears the sound of a drum. She walks closer and she sees the demon from the other night, hitting its drums rapidly, signifying it's found its next prey. Sakura breaks through the wall and she curves her body in mid air, slicing through the demon's arms. Sakura lands on the ground in front of the demon as it instantly regrows its arms hitting one of the drums. Scratches appear on the ground in front of Sakura as she jumps out of the way. All of a sudden, Tanjiro runs in and cuts the demon's arms off a second time.

"Sakura-san, where are the boy and Zenitsu?" Tanjiro asks as he lands next to her.

"They're safe, they made it outside again" Sakura says as Tanjiro stands up straight, "where's Teruko-chan?".

"We found her older brother so she's safe with him" Tanjiro explains as Sakura nods.

"That's good. I'm guessing this guy's our main demon" Sakura says as she and Tanjiro stand confidently in front of the demon.

"That's right, he's one of the twelve kizuki" Tanjiro says as Sakura looks at the demon's eye and sees that its eye has been cut over where the characters are.

"It's an ex member of the twelve kizuki so it must've been knocked down a rank" Sakura says as she points to the cut over its eye, "the demon's blood will help Lady Tamayo".

"How do you know about that?" Tanjiro asks as he looks at Sakura.

"Lady Tamayo sent me a crow with her plans" Sakura explains.

The room starts to flip as Sakura picks up on the pattern of the demon's attack and she and Tanjiro jump from one wall to the other. The demon continues its clawed attacks as Sakura and Tanjiro focus on not getting sliced.

All of a sudden, Tanjiro doubles over in pain, "Tanjiro, what's wrong?" Sakura asks as she puts her arm down to help Tanjiro.

"During the fight at Lady Tamayo's mansion, I broke a couple of ribs" Tanjiro explains as Sakura holds his arm and helps him stand up.

The demon attacks again as Sakura pulls Tanjiro out of the way of the claw marks.

"Focus your breathing, it'll help you numb the pain for a while" Sakura says as Tanjiro does as Sakura says.

The demon continues its attacks, the attacks growing faster and faster by the minute. The room flips and Tanjiro slips through some of the paper doors as he starts to slip down into what looks like an endless fall. Sakura grabs one of her dagger and throws it, the dagger digging into the fabric of Tanjiro's kimono and the wood of the room. Sakura jumps down from the box she is holding onto as she holds onto the side of the room where Tanjiro is. Sakura helps Tanjiro up and then gets herself up, the two's backs pressed against what would be the floor of the room as they balance themselves on the small plank of wood which provides them with a footing so they don't fall.

"Damn it!" the demon curses, "the two of you are so annoying. I've got to consume some marechi, there's no time to lose".

"I knew there was a reason you ignored the other two children the other day. The boy must have marechi blood" Sakura says as she looks up at the demon.