19- Hashira Meeting

"What's wrong? Hurry up and devour me. I know you want my blood so just give in" Sanemi says as he holds up his arm in front of Nezuko.

Obanai continues to dig his elbow into Tanjiro's back as Tanjiro tries to soothe the pain with his breathing.

"Tanjiro-kun, do not use total concentration breathing, you might injure yourself worse than you already are" Shinobu informs as Tanjiro looks at her.

Nezuko continues to fight the temptation as her nails dig into the skins on her palms. Tanjiro, despite Shinobu's warnings, continues to fight Obanai's strength as he pulls the ropes apart through brute strength. Obanai looks at him in shock as Giyu comes over and he pulls Obanai's wrist away, allowing Tanjiro the space to get up. Tanjiro runs towards the platform the four of them are on.

"Nezuko!" Tanjiro yells, "Sakura-san, do something. Stop him!".

Sakura ignores Tanjiro and watches Nezuko. Nezuko fades out of reality for a moment as she sees her family running around in front of her, playing in the snow. All of a sudden, Sakura appears in front of her as she takes Nezuko's hands in her own.

"Humans are to be protected, demons are the enemy" Sakura says as Nezuko nods, "you have a pure heart, Nezuko. You are also loved by many. Those who love you will protect you, so all you have to do is protect the humans".

Nezuko snaps back into reality as she realises what she's doing. She takes her arm and she wipes the drool from her muzzle as she turns her head away.

"What happened?" the Master asks as he looks at Sakura.

"Nezuko turned her head away in disgust" Sakura says as the Master smiles.

"There it is, your proof that Nezuko Kamado will not harm a human" the Master says as he faces the Hashira.

"What are you doing Tomioka?" Obanai asks as he snatches his wrist away from him.

"After this, I believe that there will still be people who won't accept Nezuko. The two of you must prove them wrong and show them that you can fight" the Master says with a smile as he addresses Tanjiro.

"You did a good job, Nezuko. You protected my friend" Sakura says as she walks over to Nezuko as Nezuko runs to her and she hugs her tightly.

Nezuko runs back to her box as she shrinks down and she sits back down inside of it.

"As always, you're hasty with your actions Sanemi" Sakura says as she walks to Sanemi and she pulls out a bandage.

"Once again, please forgive me for my previous words Sakura-san" Sanemi says as Sakura wraps his arm with the bandage.

"It's okay. Even if we were to fight, I could easily take you" Sakura says with a smirk.

What is this that I'm feeling? I feel as though I'm floating. It's his voice, it's because of that man's voice.

Tanjiro tells himself as he bows to the Master.

"Now, go out there and defeat one of the twelve kizuki, Tanjiro. If you do that, you'll be accepted by all. That way, it'll give some weight to your words" the Master says as Tanjiro nods.

"Nezuko and I will defeat Muzan Kibutsuji" Tanjiro says confidently as he sits up.

"Maybe that's a stretch too far, even for a skilled swordsmen like Sakura who hasn't done that" the Master says with a small chuckle.

Sakura chuckles which sets of Gyomei, Mitsuri and Shinobu.

"It goes without saying that the Hashira of the demon slayer corps have phenomenal skills. After training themselves to death, they have defied death and they have also defeated one of the twelve kizuki" the Master informs Tanjiro.