8- The Smell of Enchanting Blood

This chapter will combine episodes 8+9 of the anime together.

The man turns around, looking at who has a hand on his shoulder when the two of them realise who it is. They both freeze up in horror and shock as Tanjiro finally catches up with Sakura, "Sakura-san, is everything okay?".

Muzan looks over Sakura's shoulder and spots Tanjiro. He then spots the earrings as Sakura feels Muzan's entire body tense up. Sakura gets an ever firmer grip on Muzan and goes to confront him, "Daddy?" a young female voice says.

Sakura's grip loosens as Muzan turns and looks at where the voice was coming from. He turns around to Sakura to show her that he has a child. Tanjiro is in just as much shock as Sakura as he realises who the man is.

"Who is that?" the little girl asks as she looks at Sakura.

"It's alright, don't worry" Muzan reassured the girl as he turns to look at Sakura, "is there something I can do for you? You look rather flustered".

"What's going on?" an older woman asks as she comes over, "do you know this woman?".

"I don't, this is my first time meeting her" Muzan lies as he scratches a man on the back of the neck quickly, faster than the regular human eye can comprehend, slow enough that Tanjiro and Sakura could make it out, "she must've mistaken me for someone else".

Tanjiro watches as the man Muzan attacked turns into a demon before his eyes as the man bites his wide on the shoulder, chaos ensuing. Tanjiro pushes straight past Sakura and Muzan as he wraps his scarf around his fist, tackling the man to the floor and pushing his fist into the man's mouth so he can't bite him. Sakura rolls her eyes and grunts in anger as she lets go of Muzan and she runs to the woman, taking off her kimono and puts pressure on the woman's wound. She digs in her basket and she finds a piece of rope as she ties it around the woman's arm and fixes the kimono in place.

"Take long deep breaths with me Miss" Sakura says as the woman nods, copying Sakura's breathing.

"Don't look, dear" Muzan says as he shields his child's eyes, "Rei, let's move away from here".

Muzan starts to walk away with his family as Tanjiro notices, "Muzan Kibutsuji, I'm not going to let you get away. No matter where you go, you're not getting away. I'll follow you to the ends of Hell and I'll cut your head off with my blade. I will never forgive you, no matter what".

Some police run over and try to pull Tanjiro away from the man but Tanjiro won't budge. All of a sudden, Tanjiro smells a strong scent of blood as Sakura picks up on a familiar demonic energy. Sakura stands up and she picks up the now unconscious woman as she makes her way over to Tanjiro. She hits the man on the side of his neck with her sheathed sword as he passes out. Tanjiro picks up the man as a woman with black hair pinned back a boy with mint hair come over.

"Lady Tamayo, Yushiro" Sakura says happily as she looks at the two of them.

"Sakura, it's been a while" Lady Tamayo says as she smiles at Sakura.

"Sakura-san, have you been well?" Yushiro asks as he looks at her.

"I have, thank you for your help" Sakura says as she bows her head.

"We heard the chaos from a few miles away so we rushed over" Lady Tamayo explains.

"Sakura-san, we need to get this man some help" Tanjiro says as he looks at Sakura.

"You still use the term man, even though he has turned into a demon. You're trying to save him as well. Please, allow us to give you a hand" Lady Tamayo says as she looks at Tanjiro.