01

Poking her friend who sat next to her with the pen in her grasp, Hana pouted cutely once she got his attention.

"Why?" he mouthed silently, did not plan to be the center of attention, specifically in the first class of the new semester.

"I'm hungry", she let her head fall forward onto the table, expecting a loud thud or pain sent through her receptor but none had come thanks to Juyeon's big hand that was too fast catching her head before it connected to the hard wooden table.

He pushed her up, straightening her body before pulling a small chunk of chocolate from his bag, unwrapping it before shoving it into her mouth.

"Only 30 minutes left", he whispered, darting his eyes back to their lecturer who was busy explaining the syllabus for the subject.

Once in a while, he glanced over at his friend who was having a hard time controlling her grumbling stomach which wanted nothing but food.

Her endurance was indeed a struggle. She was not able to listen to any rambles given by Mr.Kim in front of the class, what she heard was only her stomach singing.

Because of that, she felt her body turned into jelly just like the one she left somewhere in her fridge at home, failed to stand up straight and ended up hitting the table again after the class concluded.

"You look horrible", Juyeon was concerned, swinging his backpack's strap over his shoulder. "Are you hungry or sleepy?"

"Both", she raised her arm higher, dangling it every so often for Juyeon to catch and help her up which he did. He surely had gotten used to her behavior. "I woke up at 5 this morning and was forced to skip the breakfast".

She sighed, trailing behind Juyeon towards the door.

"But why?" he asked, holding the door like a true gentleman he was as she walked through it.

Another sigh escaped Hana's lips as she recalled the hectic moment of her life this morning. It was understandable for a freshman to wake up so early in the morning, anticipating their very first day at college but she clearly in the last semester and some more it was her final year.

There was no way for her to wake up at 5 when the class started at 8.30 in the morning. Not to mention that she just needed 15 minutes to travel from home to the college itself.

"It's all because of-"

"Juyeon!"

Hana was cut off by the very loud and energetic voice that came from the end of the hallway which sounded so familiar yet annoying.

However, a few seconds later, she watched the demeanor running full speed toward her and Juyeon. Then she was hit and ended up falling flat on the floor.

Hissing in pain, she felt truly unfair when it was only she who was getting attracted by the gravity and not the person who hit her.

"Oh my god, sorry", Eric panicked, covering his agape mouth whilst looking at his sister on the floor, quite scared to help her up.

Who knew if he would be slaughtered once he helped her?

Once again, Juyeon had gotten used to this sight. Every time Eric caused pain to his sister, Juyeon would always be the one who helped the girl whilst the younger boy ran for his life.

And today was no different when he once again held out his big hand for Hana to reach and help her up.

"It has been the third time for today Eric", Hana angered, dusting off her jeans before crouching down to get her bag on the floor. "You are lucky that I am hungry or else you are already dead by now."

Eric who was hiding behind Juyeon's tall frame once in a while peeping, met his sister's furious gaze that surely could kill.

Annoyed as she looked, Hana turned on her heels, leaving the boys behind. Her goal for now was nothing but going into the cafeteria and having food.

Getting revenge required some big energy.

"Ooh, that was close", Eric placed a palm on his chest as he watched his sister's back getting smaller in view. He then remembered why he wanted to meet Juyeon, "how do I register in a club?"

His enthusiasm as a freshman was not a joke, his eyes lit up with excitement when he talked about college life as if he had been waiting long for it.

And it somehow clicked in Juyeon's head.

"Eric, did you wake your sister up at 5 and leave the house early until she missed the breakfast?"

"Yes."

The younger boy did not hesitate to confirm it, no sign of regrets tinting his eyes.

"You are in a big problem, Eric", Juyeon patted his shoulder before walking away, catching up with his furious friend.

Hana surely was upset, her mouth tightly sealed unlike the earlier her who spat out anger towards her brother who now was catching up to them.

"Is he joining us?" she asked her friend, instead of checking on him herself.

Juyeon nodded, watching the younger skipping along the hallway, and halted at every board on the walls to read what was on the news for the day.

"You are not upset at him", he said, shoving both of his hands into his jeans pockets. "If yes, you would have given him an earful before you two left the house this morning but seeing how oblivious Eric is right now, I don't think you have let your anger on him."

Hana was quite impressed by Juyeon's guess. No doubt that they were best friends, he could even point out the smallest thing about her.

"Let him enjoy it before the real struggle of college life hits him", she said, glancing over her shoulder towards her brother who was reading something on the board. "I'd like to see him crying whilst finishing his assignment, like you".

Bewildered, Juyeon blinked furiously, watching his best friend walk away.

"H-How can you remember that?"

At that, Hana halted, turning on her heels. With a small smile on her face, she put on a remark.

"It's you. Of course I remember."