12

If Hana knew she would be engaged in such an awkward air just right after she left her class to go to the student meeting as informed by Changmin, she would have never agreed when Juyeon told her to go first without him. She should have followed him meeting the professor first before going to the hall.

She should have never agreed when Juyeon asked her to secure a seat for him later. Had only she done that, she wouldn't be standing in the hallway, awkwardly watching the boy she rejected a few days ago from the distance.

However, the boy she was looking at right now was so laid back, smiling ever so endearing towards her as he waved his hand in the air.

It was more awkward than the rejection she'd given.

"I believe you are going to the meeting", Kevin guessed as he approached her. "We can go together."

Confusion was so obvious on Hana's face, that it got her thinking if she did reject him. Was it only her dream?

But, it was so vivid to call it a dream.

She still remembered how tensed she was, kept biting her lips to the extent she could taste her own blood just to tell him that she could not reciprocate his feelings.

"I am sorry Kevin, we should be friends."

Those words were still ringing in her head and she still remembered how Kevin's face turned sour for a second before he forced a smile, telling her that he was fine.

"I told you that I'm okay", the boy added, sensing some guilt clouded over her, considering how they were glued to the original positions. "I understand that it's a bit rushed since we just met each other."

"Sort of", she pursed her lips as she shrugged, mustering her courage to look into his orbs. "I'm sorry."

Kevin laughed as he smacked her arm lightly, "No need to be sorry. But please know something."

"What is it?" curiosity got the best of her that she did not realize that she had stepped closer to him.

"I won't stop chasing after you."

Butterflies roaming inside her stomach, her breath hitched. It felt like Kevin purposely giving her a punishment for rejecting him and she would be living in guilt for the rest of her life.

"If one day, Juyeon turns completely blind to see you, please come back to me", he patted his chest with his palm, closing his eyes once before opening them back.

But, it made Hana more confused than she had been.

"J-Juyeon?"

"Do you think I wouldn't know the reason why you rejected me?" cupping his waist, he raised a brow, watching the girl avoiding his intimidating stare. It got him chuckling, completely eager to tease her more. "Let's go, we will be late."

Strangely, the journey to the hall that was predicted to be awkward somehow was the comfortable one. Having things clarified had solved the issue between them.

No offense from one party and no guilt from another party. Just like that, an introverted person like Hana who rarely interacted with people got a new friend and she knew she needed to thank Juyeon later for connecting her to new people.

"He knows you like Juyeon?" Freya could never understand how Hana looked so leisurely being around someone who liked her. "And he's fine? What kind of human is Kevin?"

"I hope it's not a facade he's wearing", Hana whispered, making the conversation confidential for only them.

"It's a good thing actually," Freya said, crossing her arms as she stared up at the ceiling. "You know you have a backup if Juyeon rejects you later."

"Hey!" furious, Hana glared with her sharp gaze that surely could pierce her friend's skull.

"What is it you two?" the girl's scream caught Chanhee's attention from the front row, his investing eyes blinking ever so slightly as he looked at them, hoping that they would share the story.

"Not gonna tell", Hana flipped her hair mockingly, just to enrage him more.

"I wonder how your brother got such a bad sister", he fought back with his sassy remark, this time Hana was the mad one. Chanhee had pushed her button and there was no way she would back off.

Luckily Freya was there to stop her and Changmin was there to hold Chanhee from fighting back. Who knew if they would start pulling each others' hair next?

"You two fight more than anyone else", Kevin chimed in, casually joining them after ditching his coursemates at a corner. "Do you two have a bad history?"

"She hates me", Chanhee emphasized, rolling his eyes as to express his hatred.

"I hate a boy who looks prettier than I am", she sarcastically replied, earning giggles from Kevin who seemed impressed by the answer.

"For the sake of me, stop fighting!" Changmin pleaded but was sounded threatening. "If you don't, please expect my assistant to come to visit you at night".

"Assistant?"

Kevin was a newcomer, he was not aware of Changmin's scary personality and who would his assistant be. Some more, no one has any intention to reveal them.

And so, Chanhee changed the subject, "Where is Juyeon anyway? The meeting will start anytime".

Like it was on a cue, the front door swiftly opened, and a fine boy walked through, entering the hall like the real prince he was. His eyesight was not good, he had to squint them to get a better vision to find his friend. But strangely he still managed to look good.

"Juyeon, over here", Hana waved her hand high, signaling the seat next to her that she had been saving for him.

That boy smiled as he heard some more voices calling out his name, immediately taking his steps towards them. But, unfortunately, he was engaged in a small accident where he bumped into a girl who was known as a goddess of the campus.

"I'm sorry", the girl apologized, though it was not completely her fault.

However, Juyeon did not say anything back nor break his stare over the girl. He kept staring at her as if he was bewitched, his hearing ability deafened and his visions blinded from seeing anything else but her.

He surely was not aware that Hana was not able to break her stare from them both, afraid of something she hoped wouldn't be happening.