40

Juyeon lied.

He was discouraged.

That part which he said he would fight anyone who got in between him and Hana might be real if it was anyone else and not Kevin.

Seeing Hana happily laughing whilst clapping her hands from a distance in the hall was an eyesore. It seemed like Kevin was telling her and their groupmates some jokes or he was expressing his feelings most funnily. Juyeon sighed so deeply.

Her laughter was a healer - and he hoped he was the one who made her laugh.

But he also knew, Kevin was funny, effortlessly funny to be specific. Even expressing his frustration could be funny.

At least that was what Juyeon thought.

"Kevin, you cannot do that!" Hana hit the boy on his arm and he dramatically rolled down on the floor as if her strength was no joke. "Oh my god, Kevin!"

Her, saying his name somehow broke Juyeon's heart. How he wished he could turn back the time and never decide to introduce them both. Nonetheless, it was too late. Kevin fell for her at first sight, and Hana might have developed her feelings for him anytime soon.

A touch on his arm slightly made him flinch, head turned in real quick.

"Did you hear me?" he was greeted by Heiji's pair of hopeful eyes.

Strange how he was so bewitched by those eyes before but now, he felt nothing.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" straightening his posture, he checked the list in his hand, as he felt many eyes from their groupmates glaring at him.

Sighing, Heiji kept her cool.

"The menus for the party have been decided. Do you have any recommendations for places where we can order them? If not, we will proceed with these places stated."

Thoroughly checking them one by one, Juyeon did not realize that his face scrunched, brows almost knitted together. The worst part was, he did not realize he had spoken up his mind.

"I don't know. This menu will be too spicy for Hana. I wonder if she knows."

"Why must you worry about her?" it was then, a slight rage was heard in Heiji's tone and it seemed like she noticed the stares she received due to her action. She cleared her throat and added, "We have hundreds of students coming. We cannot only think about one person, right?"

"Yes, you're right. Never mind, go and show this list to Changmin", Juyeon forced a smile, agreeing with the choices made.

One of their teammates then took the list before he left to find Changmin - the leader of the upcoming event. The rest of the team assumed that it was the end for them, and one by one started to collect their stuff - either to help the other team or just leave the hall.

Juyeon chose the first option. He thought maybe this was his chance to approach Hana and offer some help though he knew he might not be so helpful. But trying won't cost much, hopefully.

However, when he was about to leave, Heiji held his hand. She held him from leaving, her eyes were storing something Juyeon could not decipher. It was as if she was hoping for something.

"I wonder why you haven't asked me yet, but I want you to know that my answer is yes", she bit her lower lip, brushing her strands of hair to the back of her ears.

"I'm sorry but what are we talking about?" Juyeon pondered, he really could not catch the topic discussed.

"The party", her eyes lit up. "Just to let you know that I'd say yes."