05

He raised a brow as he looked at his phone which was ringing for a video call, Hana's name appeared on it. He was contemplating taking the call, every so often looking up at the entrance of the burger shop he was in.

She was supposed to be here by now, but why did she make the call instead?

"Juyeon!" she energetically yelled as soon as the boy joined the call. "I found your long-lost brother".

"What?" the boy pondered, not quite registering the meaning. Nonetheless, when Hana flipped the camera of her phone which then showed the wide view across her, Juyeon finally understood.

"It looks like you", Hana said, showing him the orange cat she found in an alley. "I'm going to call it Juyeon".

Without the boy realizing himself, he had been smiling as he watched Hana stroke the cat through the screen. He did wish that he was there too, playing with the stray cat his best friend found.

It was one of the interests the two had been sharing for a decade.

"So cute!" a loud voice shrieked beside Juyeon's ear, startling both the boy and Hana at the end of the line. Not to mention how the dolphin sound even scared the cat as it slipped away from Hana's touch. "Oh, why is it running?"

"Your fault", Juyeon said, sighing as he watched Changmin ponder, refusing to accept that he was wrong. The former then went back to his phone screen, communicating with the girl. "Come here faster, everyone is hungry."

"5 minutes!" was the last thing she said before she ended the video call which Juyeon could have guessed that maybe she was running on her feet by now.

He shook his head as he put down his phone on the table he sat by, meeting Kevin's bright eyes across him that were locked with his.

"Is she coming?" Kevin enthusiastically asked while leaning across the table. He struggled to contain his smile as his friend nodded. "Why is she late?"

The question Juyeon was asked about was a normal one yet when it came out from Kevin, he found it abnormal.

How could Kevin sound so friendly when it was Hana they were talking about?

"She's waiting for Freya earlier. They will be coming together", he explained with nothing left behind, making Kevin understand right away.

Juyeon was not sure if it was only his feeling but somehow he noticed how Kevin looked more excited than he usually was as if he had been waiting for the girl's arrival.

And it was proven when he excitedly waved towards the girls who made their grand entrance into the shop.

"Sorry we are late", Freya clasped her hands together, apologizing but no one cared as long as she fulfilled the promise made to hang out together with the boys on the weekend.

"I'm ordering now since everyone is here", Changmin announced, jolting up from his seat and tapping Kevin's shoulder. "I need your help to bring the food. Chanhee is too weak to hold the tray."

"I'm strong!" the said boy offended, shooting daggers at his best friend who was mocking him whilst walking away to the counter. "He's always making fun of me."

"As he should", Hana said under her breath as she sat down next to Juyeon, totally thinking that it was inaudible but it was not.

She felt the hotness of the boy's anger radiate toward her and she immediately shifted her body towards Juyeon.

"I like the cat I found earlier", she pouted, still sad over the fact that they parted ways most tragically. "I hope I will meet Juyeon again sooner".

"She really called it..." Freya interfered, pausing as she spread her palms in the air, "Juyeon."

"Do I look furry like that?" Juyeon absentmindedly asked and Hana furiously nodded. "You must be kidding."

"You do look like a cat."

"No, I'm not."

The quarrels between the two continue without Freya and Chanhee caring to stop it, too immersed in their talk.

The different worlds only united when their foods arrived at the table, cheering was heard as the sign to begin satisfying their grumbling stomachs.

"They said this is their new recipe", Changmin said, distributing the well-wrapped burgers to everyone around the table.

Different reactions came out from each of them as the good smell entered their nostrils. However, Juyeon was seen confused in the middle of triggering his smelling ability process.

Hana who noticed his clueless reaction burst into a small giggle, shaking her head ever so slightly.

For her, it was a normal sight.

As she unwrapped the burger, everyone started gobbling, including Juyeon who was hesitant at first. She was about to take a bite when the boy suddenly stopped her.

"It's a shrimp burger, don't eat it", he pushed her hand that was holding the burger down before continuing. "You are allergic to seafood."

Hana's jaw slightly dropped, grateful that her best friend just saved her life. Who knew what would happen if Juyeon did not warn her?

"I'll give it to Eric later", she shrugged, sipping on her drink as she turned to Freya, sadly watching her best friend munching the burger. "Is it delicious?"

Her sad face made Freya almost lose her appetite, or pity her for not eating.

"Just go buy something for yourself, Hana", the girl was furious, her heart shattered at the sight of her friend pouting.

"I'll go. I need to refill my drink", Juyeon rose, leaving the table for the counter with his empty glass in his grasp.

Amazingly he did not bother to ask Hana what was on the menu she preferred which left everyone wondering.

"Juyeon even knows what Hana can eat", Chanhee whispered, intended for only Changmin to hear. "At this rate, they should have dated."

"I wonder why they haven't", Changmin looked at another female figure across him, hoping to get the answer as Freya was the only one who might know the real story about the two.

But, she was a loyal one. She would never tell anyone about it.

Another curious soul then joined Juyeon at the counter, getting his glass refilled as an excuse to talk to him.

Kevin was hesitant at first but he was the type that would find the answer to his own question.

And so, he collected his courage and asked his tall friend, "You and Hana are only best friends right?"

Juyeon furiously blinked at the abrupt question but somehow anticipated to hear more from Kevin.

However, he had never expected to hear such a thing.

"I want to know Hana more."