44

"What are you doing here?" Hana crossed her arms, raising a brow at the tall boy across her who seemingly wouldn't be leaving. "I've arrived. So... thank you for walking me home and yes you can go now."

Juyeon shook his head, pursing his lips in the process.

"You are not on your doorstep yet", he glanced over his watch that was hugging his wrist, certain about something. "Eric asked me to stay over for the movie. I guess he'll be here with Sunwoo shortly."

"What-"

"Let's go catch the elevator", Juyeon turned her around, smiling victoriously to himself as he pushed her in that direction. "You talk too much."

"Don't touch me!" she wriggled, glaring at him after successfully setting herself free.

She looked like she was on a battlefield - her condition. Her breathing was heavy, and her damp hair due to the rain became messy because of the excessive moves she did to fight Juyeon.

"Seriously Hana, what's gotten into you?" Juyeon was concerned, sighing as he watched her fixing her bang. "You're upset for no reason. Minho did something to you, didn't he?"

"No!" her strong denial made Juyeon more suspicious, he pondered waiting for something to come out from her lips, because he just knew, she would. And so, Hana squeezed her eyes tight, groaning as she stomped one foot on the ground. "I had a rough day."

Juyeon furiously blinked, slightly taken aback. Hana could have told him everything yet she did not, and it slightly made him sad. For he could have done something to make her less depressed.

Though it was a bit too late, he opened his bag, rummaging inside just to pull out a chocolate bar that had never disappointed Hana so far.

"Let me know if you want more", he passed the bar to her as soon as they were in the elevator. Again, it never failed to light up Hana's mood.

The smile on her face as she held the bar was enough to make Juyeon internally scream. Somehow, he got that feeling - he still had some chances to be with her.

"Wait!"

It was then, that the elevator's door reopened when it was about to close, a hand from outside was forcing it to stay open.

The two were taken aback when a middle-aged man who seemed just got back from work was staggering inside. His legs wobbled as if they had gone jelly. Unable to find the balance, the man quickly looked for the wall, resting himself against it.

Hana knew him, of course, she knew. After all, they were living in the same building. They had a few times encounters in the same elevator, and he was never sober whenever they stuck together.

Usually, Hana would stay in the corner until she reached her floor but with Juyeon taking up the space, it was a bit difficult to move around. She just could pray that nothing bad would encounter her again.

For she had had enough for the day.

Juyeon somehow noticed the discomfort from the girl next to him. The way she kept glancing over the drunkard in front of her awakened his instinct to stay alert if something unwanted happened.

And as if it was planned, the man once again lost his balance and nearly fell onto her. However, thanks to Juyeon's fast reflex which rarely awoke, he managed to cover the girl, but the man bumped onto his back instead.

Hana felt butterflies roaming inside her stomach as she now was sandwiched between the metal wall and her best friend - with a safe gap.

"What are you doing?" his voice inclined as he threw it to the drunk man, still securing Hana. "You could harm someone else."