Mayuzumi Chihiro

"Crap! At this pace, I will not be able to get there in time!" you panicked mentally.

Currently, you are stuck in the traffic so you decided to get out of the bus and just make a run for it. Luckily, your destination is not far enough from your present location.

When you got into the venue, barely on time and still catching your breath, you noticed the large amount of people, making you more nervous yet excited.

"Oh there you are [Pen Name]-san." The organizer called out to you.

"I'm sorry I'm late." You apologized, "Good morning. I am [Pen Name]. I am very thankful to each and every one for being here with me today." You bowed and gave them a smile.

"So she's really a high school student. That's really something."

"But she writes so well like a pro."

"Plus she's also kinda cute."You heard a faint conversation among the crowd making you a bit flustered.

You are now holding a book signing event of your light novel. You always dreamed of being a professional novelist and then you discovered this website called Wattpad, you decided to give it a try to publish your stories there. You were overwhelmed by the positive feedbacks you received from your readers. Eventually, your stories became a hit and one even won the Watty awards. This became an avenue for your works to be noticed by a well-known publishing company. They contacted you and offered you a book adaptation of your story which you readily accepted. The book adaptation was also successful that it became one of the best-selling light novels.

[Time skip~]

"Next person, please." The staff called.

It has been a few minutes but there was still no one in front of you... or so you thought.

"Next person, please proceed." The staff repeated.

Then out of now where you heard someone clear his throat and spoke, "Excuse me. I have been here all this time."

You looked up and met your eyes with a tall guy who was apparently been there all that time.

"Kyaaa!" you let out a little yelp out of shock. The guy just looked at you with blank eyes.

Breaking out from your daze, you inquired, "I'm sorry. What's your name?"

"Mayuzumi Chihiro." He replied plainly.

"It's nice to meet you Mayuzumi-san." You gave him a warm smile and proceeded to sign his book.

"Here. Thank you Mayuzumi-san." You now returned his book to him. Then he wordlessly took his book back and turned his back to leave but suddenly he stopped on his steps and said, "I like the way your stories bring me to different worlds. I am looking forward for your next book."

You received a lot of compliments about your writing before but somehow hearing one from him gave you a warm fuzzy feeling in your chest.

"Thank you. I'll continue to do my best."

[The Next Day]

It was finally lunch break. Longing for some peace and quiet, to unwind from the stressful lessons and school works as well as to enjoy your midday meal, you found yourself heading towards the roof of the North Building of your school — Rakuzan High School.

You hummed contently to yourself as you climbed up the stairs and when you opened the door, you saw someone unexpected sitting on the rooftop, reading a book.

Sensing someone else's presence in his usually tranquil haven, he looked up from the book he was reading to make eye contact with you.

"Oh! Mayuzumi-san!" you greeted cheerfully.

"She remembers my name?" the gray-haired guy thought to himself. He was surprised. For him this is such a peculiar thing to occur. He was used to being forgotten and not recognized. For he was been in the basketball club for three years already yet no one even remembers his play style, let alone his name. But he still decided not to pay attention to you and continued reading.

"Can I sit here?" you asked.

"Go ahead." He replied, without even looking back at you. You now plopped a few feet next from him and opened your bento box.

"Have you already eaten lunch, Mayuzumi-san?" you inquired again, "Well you see, my mom packed a lot of food again, if you want you can have some."

"No thank you. I am still full."

"I see. To be honest, I never thought we're attending the same school. I'm [Full Name], a sophomore. It's nice to meet you Mayuzumi Chihiro-san." You smiled and extended your hand to him for a handshake.

He looked back at you with a poker face then down to your outstretched hand, contemplating to accept your handshake or not. But in the end he decided to do the former. That was probably because he saw an honest and pure look in your [eye color] eyes.

"This girl's hand feels more fragile than I thought."

"What year are you already in?"

"Third year."

"Oh. Then I guess I must call you Senpai from now on." he did not even bother to reply to you and continued to read.

 "Nee, Mayuzumi-senpai. You really love to read, aren't you? You're even reading during your free time." You remarked.

*No response*

You turned your attention towards the cover of the book he is reading.

"Oh... I like that book too! I heard it's going to have a sequel three months from now."

*Still no response*

"Do you often go here to read?"

"...Yeah." Thinking that you will not stop until he talks back to you, he decided to reply at your previous question.

"But why here? If someone wants to read, usually they'll go to the library."

"Because this was the quietest place here in school." You noticed the emphasis in his response. Then you realized that he may be annoyed with you for trying to talk to him while he is reading.

"I'm sorry." You finally piped down and just ate your lunch in silence.

At first he really did not mind your sudden silence, he was actually thankful for it, but when he turned to look at you, he saw a hint of dejection in your eyes and he somewhat felt bad about it.

To get your attention, he took one egg roll from your bento and ate it. And he did not fail as you looked up at him.

"What? You said I could have some."

"N-Nothing." You awkwardly averted your gaze from him.

"[Last Name]..."

"What is it Mayuzumi-senpai?"

"...Sorry." He said in a quiet voice.

"It's okay. It was my fault actually... Uh... Can I... eat my lunch here every day?"

"Do what you want."

"Okay~ Thanks for the meal. I have to go now Mayuzumi-senpai. See you." You now packed up your things.

Before leaving, you wanted to give him a goodbye kiss on his cheek but he suddenly turned his head, making your lips touch his. His eyes widened a fraction at the contact, indicating that he himself was shocked while you, on the other hand, felt heat rising on your cheeks manifesting as a bright red blush. You quickly pulled away and dashed out of the roof, clutching your chest which where your heart was beating so fast.