Sakurai Ryo

You have been receiving bento from a secret admirer for a long time already. You found it strange yet sweet because it’s usually the other way around that is the girl cooks for the guy.

You were totally racking your brains out thinking who would constantly leave a well-prepared lunch inside your locker. You really have no idea as to who he is so you decided to leave a note in your locker which says:

“Please meet up with me after class. I wanted to meet you for so long and to personally thank you for the delicious lunches you prepared for me. Please do come.”

— [Full Name] :)

That lunch break that day, there was no bento box left inside your locker. Instead you found a small neatly written note.

“[Last Name]-san, I’m happy you liked the lunches I prepared for you. Today, I will personally give you your lunch. I’m sorry if I took this long before I had the courage to meet up with you. I’ll meet up with you at the rooftop this lunch break.”

As you walked up the stairs to the rooftop, you can feel your heart beat faster. You wondered what kind of person was behind those scrumptious lunches you have been receiving for so long.

Then there he was.

You saw a guy standing there in the rooftop. You slowly walked up to him.

“Hi.” You said.

He turned around to face you.

He was taller than you. He has light brown hair and matching beautiful brown eyes. He was cute.

“Are you the one leaving bento inside my locker?”

“Y-Yes, [Last Name]-san. I-I’m sorry!”

“Eh? Why are you apologizing?” you slightly chuckled as he bowed to you and kept saying sorry.

“I’m [Full Name] and you are?”

“S-Sakurai R-Ryo…I’m from First Year Class B.”

“Sakurai-kun…if I’m not mistaken you’re from the basketball club, right?”

“Uh…yes.”

“I saw your game the other day. It was a great game.” You noticed the sudden change in his expression. You kinda felt about it.

“…But in the end we still lost…”

“I’m sorry. But that’s the way it is, right…in sports and even in life…but it’s not like it’s the end of everything…All we have to do is to learn from our past mistakes and be stronger, don’t you think?” you smiled at him.

“I-I guess you’re right. Thanks [Last Name]-san.” His lips gently curled up in to a small smile.

Your stomach suddenly grumbled making you blush out of embarrassment.

“Um… [Last Name]-san, let’s eat now.”

“Thank you for the food. It’s really delicious.”

“You’re welcome. I’m happy you liked it.”

“By the way Sakurai-kun, why did you always secretly leave lunch for me inside my locker?”

“Um…the truth is…I had always liked you [Last Name]-san…ever since middle school…” he confessed. There was a bright blush on his cheeks.

“Since middle school…really?” he nodded.

“I never got the chance to be in the same class as you…and I was too shy to talk to you at that time…actually even up to this time…that’s why when I saw you here in Touou, I was happy although we’re in different classes again…so that’s why I take this chance to introduce myself to you…”

You don’t have any idea that such a guy exists…that someone has been admiring you from a distance for so long.

“I-I’m really flattered with what you just said…I have no idea that someone like you thinks of me that way…”

“[Last Name]-san…”

“…I’m really happy that I met you Sakurai-kun.”

You gently pressed your lips on his cheek. His face suddenly became as red as a cherry.

“I want to know more about you Sakurai-kun.”

“Me too [Last Name]-san.”