Kagami Taiga

It was another morning to school.

You woke up late and because of that you had to double time in preparing for school. As you stepped out of your house, you caught a glance of a tall red head standing in front of your gate. Although only the top of his head was visible, you know very well who it was. After all, he’s the only one you know with hair in that beautiful, vibrant shade of red and he’s the only one who waits for you to go to school together with him.

Ever since he moved in your neighborhood, you have been very close to him. Despite his “bad boy” looks coupled with his muscular physique and towering height, he’s surprisingly a very gentle and sweet person, in his own way of course. You love spending time with him and so he is towards you. He would often invite you in his house and sometimes casually go out with you. You would always help him out in his studies since he’s not good at it and he would cook for you in return. You had always loved his cooking simply because it tastes great and you find him cute watching him as he cook. The two of you grew fond of each other that you both decided to enrol in the same high school.

“I’m sorry for making you wait Kagami-kun.”

“Don’t worry about it. Actually, I just arrived here.”

“Is that so? Then let’s go. We’re going to be late if we don’t hurry up.”

The two of you walked together to the train station and as expected it was packed with all sorts of people although students and professionals, going to their respective schools and workplaces, were the majority of the crowd.

 “This is Japanese morning rush!” Kagami exclaimed in English.

“Kagami-kun, you’re acting American again.” You managed to say to him between giggles. A faint blush was visible in his cheeks, embarrassed at the fact that you laughed at him and also because your laugh sounded like a soothing music to his ears.

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to laugh at you. You’re just being too cu— ow!” you weren’t able to finish your sentence when the crowd’s flow was pushing you away from him.

“[Name]-san!” before you could even be swept away by the crowd, Kagami grabbed your hand tight and managed to pull you back to him.

“Don’t go far from me again okay.” He said to you, still holding your hand. His hand was big and warm, wrapped snugly around yours.

“It’s not like I wanted to be pushed away by the crowd…” you grumbled.

“Geez…That’s because you’re too small. You should eat more to grow bigger.”

“My stomach isn’t as big as yours and it can’t be filled with food enough for five people. Besides, I don’t think I will be able to move if I eat as much as you do.” You retorted.

You two managed to board in the train. It’s packed inside and there were no seats available so you both have to stand.

“Nee, Kagami-kun. Did you finish doing our homework last night?”

“Uh…yeah. Thanks.”

“Huh? For what?”

“For tutoring me. I kinda understand the lesson now…”

“No problem. Thanks also for the food. It’s really delicious. Can you teach me how to cook next time?” you looked up at him with sparkling, anticipating eyes which made you look really cute in his eyes.

“I-I don’t really mind…”

“Really? Thanks Kagami-kun!” you beamed at him.

“Y-You’re welcome…”