Kuroko Tetsuya

You were taking a break from your usual morning walks during weekends. You sat down on a bench in the park while gazing at the thin fluffy clouds drifting at the sky.

“What a nice weather we have today~” you sighed contentedly to yourself.

“Arf!”

“Huh?” you glanced down at your feet and saw a small black puppy with blue eyes. Looking at the small dog reminds you of someone.

“Arf! Arf!” the puppy barked at you with its tail wagging energetically as if it was greeting you. You picked the puppy up and made it sit down beside you.

“Oh! You’re so cute! Where did you come from little pup?”

“Arf! Arf!”

“What are you doing in here alone little pup? Are you lost?” you said to the little dog, patting its fur gently. The puppy softly whined.

“It seems like you’re not a stray. Your master must have really doted on you.” you muttered, noticing how soft and clean the puppy’s fur was. The pup still wagged its tail.

“Arf!” the small dog began to lick your hand.

“Wait…little pup…that tickles…” you chuckled. You gently rubbed the small dog’s head.

“Okay okay…I’ll help you find your master.” You carried the puppy in your arms and you began to walk but then suddenly you bumped in to someone.

“Ow…”

“Arf!”

“I’m sorry. Are you alright?” the guy said to you, extending his hand to you to help you get up.

“Arf! Arf! Arf!” the puppy in your arms barked. You looked up to the person you bumped into. He was your classmate Kuroko Tetsuya. The puppy in your arms freed itself from your grasp and walked towards Kuroko’s feet. You held his hand and he pulled you up.

“Oh. Kuroko-kun, g-good m-morning.” You greeted at the blue-haired guy sheepishly.

“[Last Name]-san, good morning. Are you alright?” you nodded in reply.

“Arf! Arf!”

“What were you doing here this early, Kuroko-kun?”

“I was taking Nigou in a walk but suddenly, he was gone. I was looking for him then I stumbled into you. But it seems like you found him, [Last Name]-san.”

“Nigou? Are you referring to this cute little pup?”

“Yes. Thank you for taking care of him for a while.”

“N-No problem.”

You looked at Kuroko intently.

“[Last Name]-san, is there something wrong?” Kuroko said nonchalantly. You shifted your gaze at Nigou.

“Nothing. I was wondering a while ago why Nigou looked so familiar. I realized just now that he looks like you.”

“Is that so? A lot of people say that to me.”

“Umm…Kuroko-kun, I guess I have to go. Have a nice day!” you crouched down at Nigou’s level and gently pat the dog’s head.

“Bye bye Nigou-kun. Don’t make your master worry too much ‘kay.”

“Arf!”

“Well, I’ll be going. See you Kuroko-kun.”

“Wait [Last Name]-san.” Kuroko called out to you, making you look back at him.

“Hm?”

“Can you stay with us? Let’s take a walk together.” He said.

***

In the end, Kuroko had succeeded in convincing you to stay.

The two, I mean the three of you leisurely walked together in the park. And after you got tired, you rested under the shade of a tree.

“I’ll just buy something to drink [Last Name]-san.”

“Okay.”

That morning seemed like a dream-like date to you. That mere thought made you blush. After all, you had always been infatuated to the presence-less guy. Even though the two of you don’t usually spend time together at school, you were happy just seeing him every day (although he never fails to escape your sight).

You began to pet the puppy that looks like him.

“Nigou-kun, does Kuroko-kun have someone that he likes?” the puppy rolled down on its back and you started to tickle its belly.

“Arf! Arf!”

“Do you know who could that be?”

“Arf!”

“Nee Nigou-kun, I’ll tell you something but promise me it will be a secret between the two of us...”

“Arf! Arf!”

“I like your master, Nigou-kun...”

...

“[Last Name]-san...” Kuroko called out to you out of the blue.

“Uwaah! K-K-Kuroko-kun...for how long have you been back?”

“I have been here for about five minutes already. [Last Name]-san, what you said a while ago...is it true...that you like me?”

You felt your face heat up from embarrassment.

“Uh...Kuroko-kun...it’s true...that I like you...” you admitted embarrassedly. You didn’t not see the point for you to lie or deny it since he probably heard it anyway. You looked at him to see his reaction only to see him smiling at you. His smile is probably the cutest thing you have seen in your entire life.

“Kuroko-kun...?” you mumbled when he gently pulled you close to him and then his lips met yours in a gentle kiss.

“I’m so happy [Last Name]-san because actually I feel the same way for you.”