Himuro Tatsuya

“It was so close. Do it one more time, [Name].” The black-haired guy said to you as the orange ball hit the hoop, and bounced back in forth against the cemented floor before it rolled soundlessly.

“But Himuro-kun...I’m not really a sporty person....I’m not used to doing these things.”

“I know you can do it. Can you try once again?”

“...Fine. This will be the last one okay.”

He passed you the ball once again.

You gave him an uncertain look. But in return, he gave you an assuring smile.

“[Name], I know you can do it. Just believe in yourself more.”

You have been doing this with him for a few days already. Out of the blue, he brought you here in a nearby street basketball court to teach you how to play basketball. As you have said to him earlier, you were not one inclined to sports and basketball is certainly not your thing but because it’s him and you can’t say no to him, you agreed.

He had always been there beside you; he would be your strength every time you are weak. He always pulls you up whenever you are down. And he always believes in you even if you can’t do it for yourself.

“Himuro-kun believes in me...so maybe I should too. I can’t fail him.”

Gathering all your courage, you pushed all the hesitant thoughts away. You remembered everything he taught you.

“Keep your head cool and your heart hot.”

 “Her form... [Name] I knew you can.” He thought

You stretched your legs to jump and smoothly released the ball from your hands.

The ball flew in a perfect arc and went inside the ring, then dropped to the floor in a series of bounce and rolled away.

Your face lit up in joy.

“Did you see that, Himuro-kun? I made it! I finally did!” you exclaimed and wrapped your arms around the taller man, burying your face against his chest.

“Yes, [Name], I saw it. I always knew you can do it.” He said, softly ruffling your hair with his hand. You looked up to him. You stood on your toes to place a kiss on Himuro’s lips.

“It’s thanks to you Himuro-kun. You taught me well and believed in me.”

A kind smile graced on his face before leaning down to capture your lips again.