•The Triwizard Tournament's Origins•

[Thought ]
[Spell ]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dumbledore: Some of you may not know about this tournament, so I hope that those who know will forgive me if I give a quick explanation.
He said.

They all looked at him, excited.

Dumbledore: The Triwizard Tournament was first established around 700 years ago as a friendly competition between the three largest European schools of Wizardry: Hogwarts, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang.

A champion was selected to represent each school, and the three champions competed in three magical tasks.

The schools took it in turns to host the Tournament once every five years, and it was an efficient way to create ties between Wizards and Witches of different Nationalities.

That until the death toll mounted so high that the Tournament was discontinued.
He said.

Y/N gulped.

Y/N: I read about it being dangerous, but... Death toll? People even died?
He thought.

Dumbledore kept speaking.

Dumbledore: We have worked hard over the summer to ensure that this time, no champion will found himself or herself in mortal danger.

The selection of the three champions will take place in this very Hall at Halloween. An Impartial Judge will decide which students are more worthy to compete for their school's Glory, and for a Thousand Galleons personal prize.
He said.

Everyone got even more excited at the mention of the prize.

Fred: I'm going for it!
He said, as he and George grinned at each other.

But Dumbledore hadn't finished yet.

Dumbledore: However, the Ministry of Magic has imposed an Age Limit. Only students who are 17 or older will be allowed to participate. I myself will make sure that no student below this age tries to corrupt the Judge, so, I therefore beg you all to not waste time.
He said.

Some of them murmured unhappily at the news.

Then Dumbledore smiled again.

Dumbledore: Looks like they're here.
He said.

They all looked at him in confusion.
Y/N raised a brow.

Y/N: They?
He thought, as the door suddenly opened.

They all turned around, and their eyes widened.

Dumbledore: Now, will you all please give a welcome to Beauxbatons Academy and their Headmistress, Madame Maxime!
He said, grinning, as lots of girls and boys dressed in light blue robes made their way inside, making blue butterflies appear as they passed by, followed by a very tall woman, just as tall as Hagrid.

Not to mention that almost every boy was drooling after the girls.

Y/N and Hermione scoffed, looking at them in disgust.

Hermione&Y/N: Pathetic.
They both said, as Dumbledore kissed Madame Maxime's hand.

She went to sit at the Teachers' table.
Dumbledore then smiled again.

Dumbledore: And now, let's all welcome the School of Durmstrang, and their Headmaster, Igor Karkaroff!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
459 words.