•A Chat With Moody•

[Thought ]
[Spell ]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/N reluctantly followed Moody to his office.

Moody closed the door.
Y/N looked around.

It wasn't his first time in that room, but it was way different than the previous year, or two years before.

When he was in his Second Year, the room was full of photos and portraits of a grinning and smiling Lockhart, which the idiot had obviously signed.

The previous year, instead, the room was more "normal".

The only odd thing was the new creatures every week, that Lupin always kept in a corner.

This time, however, the room looked more dark. There were strange instruments and other things scattered everywhere across the room, and in a corner, Y/N could see a very strange trunk with 9 keyholes.

He looked at Moody.

Two months had passed since he met him for the first time, but he couldn't deny that there was something sinister in the way he acted or in the way he gazed at him, and his magic eye gave him the creeps whenever it moved.

Moody: Are you planning to stand there all day, Potter? I don't bite.
He said, motioning for him to sit.

Y/N: O-Oh, yeah. Sorry.
He said, sitting down in front of him.

Moody, who was sitting on his bed, removed his wooden leg, and put it aside, sighing in relief.

Moody: Tell me, Potter, how do you plan on defeating that dragon?
He asked, catching Y/N by surprise.

Y/N looked at him.
Y/N: Of course he knows, he's a teacher...
He thought.

Y/N: I don't really know, to be honest. I tried practicing protective spell, and other kind of spells, but it's just pointless. Dragons are almost immune to spells. It usually takes at least 4-5 people to completely subjugate a dragon, and I doubt a single spell would even lay a scratch on it.
He said.

Moody nodded.
Moody: Not bad, Potter. You have great analytical skills. I'm actually impressed you know that much about dragons. Not many people your age would know as much.
He said.

Y/N: Thank you, sir.
He said.

Moody looked deep in thought.
Moody: I was talking with Dumbledore about you, some time ago. I told him I was impressed by your knowledge, and he told me he was too. And then he told me that back in your Second Year, you slayed a Basilisk using Gryffindor's Sword.
He said.

Y/N smiled awkwardly.
Y/N: Yes. That's true.
He said.

Y/N: And there I thought I could forget that damn giant snake once and for all...
He thought.

Moody: And then, he smiled, and told me something else about that episode.
He said.

Y/N looked at him in confusion.
Y/N: Huh?
He asked.

Moody: He said you made it explode. I don't really know how someone could make a Basilisk explode without dying. I'm aware that Basilisk also kill by making eye contact with the victim.
He said.

Y/N smiled awkwardly again.
Y/N: I don't really know what's so fantastic about it. I menage to kill that beast thanks to Fawkes' help. The rest happened just because I had a Magical Outburst-
He said, suddenly stopping.

Moody smirked, as he saw the boy's eyes widen in realization.

Y/N: The Magical Outburst... The Sword... The Flames... How come I didn't think about this sooner?
He thought.

Moody: Seems like you understood, right, Potter?
He said.

Y/N: By even trying to put this plan in act, I'm just doing the most wrong and stupid thing in my life. No one in their right mind would even think about doing such a stupid and reckless thing. I could end up dead in an instant, if it doesn't work... No. I shouldn't be so pessimistic. Maybe I'll need a lot of luck, I can't deny that. But... Yes. I definitely have a chance of defeating that dragon.
He thought, smiling brightly.

Moody: Alright, Potter. You may go.
He said, dismissing him.

Y/N got up, and left the room, and then headed to the Common Room as fast as he could.

The room was completely empty, except for Harry and Ron, sitting in the corner.

He went to the dorm, and left his bag on his bed. He was still holding his wand, when, after heading downstairs, he saw the same owl he had used to send the letter to Lupin.

It was holding a letter in its beak, probably Lupin's answer.

Y/N: Finally!
He said happily, making Harry and Ron turn around, as he opened the window and let the owl in.

He grabbed the letter, and opened it, ignoring the other two.

'Dear Y/N,
Thank you so much for your letter. I'm fine, thank you for your concern. I do hope you too are fine. It had been a while since I had received a letter from you. I hope everything is going well, at Hogwarts. I read in the Prophet that you too are participating in the Triwizard Tournament, and I couldn't help but worry. The Tournament's history is stained of blood, and I'm sure Dumbledore has told you why. I don't know how you ended up being the fourth champion, but I'm sure it wasn't your doing. I trust you more than you can imagine. I really wanted to meet with you and talk to you in person, but at the moment I'm very busy, and I can't. However, I will not give up at the idea of talking to you face to face. So, could you possibly be in front of the fireplace in the common room Saturday night, around midnight? I'll be there, and we'll be able to discuss about the first trial. In the meantime, I hope you don't need me to remember you to behave and not act impulsively. Stick with your friends and with the people you trust. Times are changing, Y/N, I can feel it. Be strong Y/N.
Love,
           Remus
P.S. You're going to be great! '

Y/N smiled a little.

Y/N: Thank you, Remus.
He thought, as he quickly wrote a reply on the back of the letter.

' Great. I'll be there. '

He then gave the letter back to the owl, petting it.

Y/N: You know what to do.
He muttered.

The owl left through the open window.

Y/N smiled widely, as he headed towards the portrait.

Y/N: Alright. Let's get this party started.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1089 words.